Sleep

Thomas
Posted
Posted
There is light sleep & deep sleep. Deep sleep is the state you are in when the body repairs and recharges, this is important sleep.
Yes. That's why it's important to avoid being woken up by noice or alarm clocks, so we wake up during the 20 minutes we sleep as lightest during a sleep cycle, which is between 1.50 - 2.10 hours, different for different people.  It's BETTER to sleep 4 hours and wake up during a such light sleep period, than be woken up by an alarm clock after 5 hours when sleeping as deepest... 

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

All great advice. Thanks!

No alarm clocks here. Also I workout every day with push ups, curling, etc

As for the Hershey squirts. That was awhile ago and was definitely not a stress thing.. My sleep thing goes back further than that.

I know most of the reason is stress. I have clients emailing me at all times and I'm often checking and replying and thinking of things I have to do, things I did wrong, things I should have done, etc.

I'll try some of the suggestions here and hopefully in the near future I won't be posting here in the middle of the night. :)

davewe
Posted
Posted

Don't know how old you are, but after a lifetime of being a heavy/great sleeper (drove the ex crazy) I have noticed over the last couple years I am not nearly as good a sleeper. Coincidentally I have been married for 2 years :)

I cut the caffeine intake which was extensive down to one morning cup of coffee. This meant that by 9:00 PM I was tired and now rarely make it past 10PM. Periodically I just can't sleep at all or wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to it.

I do have a prescription that I take occasionally. Someone else suggested melatonin, which my son takes.

In general, stress and change affect sleep. You have a huge change in environment plus your recent illness. But hopefully stress will get less - that's why you moved, isn't it?

Unfortunately it can be an issue as we age - so don't beat yourself up over it. Build a routine and stick to it and then learn to deal with the occasional bad night.

Good luck.

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted

Just don't start with the sleeping pills unless you are under the close guidance of your doctor. I know a couple of friends that cannot wean themselves off of them.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

SEX knocks me out for hours :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
count sheep to force myself not to think of anything stressful.  That'll give me a good 9 hours usually.

sheep lie

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
SEX knocks me out for hours

me especially if my wife catches me

• Like 5

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Are melatonin and 5-HTP available in the Philippines?  It's not for me.  It's for my wife. 

She has sleeping issues and dislikes sleeping pills, but will take 5-HTP, and if out of that, might take melatonin.

She finds that melatonin is quick acting, but does not really prolong her sleep all that much.

If they have melatonin and 5-HTP in the Philippines, she will be happy to know that when we move, she will not have to order the stuff from abroad.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
RBM
Posted
Posted

Are melatonin and 5-HTP available in the Philippines?  It's not for me.  It's for my wife. 

She has sleeping issues and dislikes sleeping pills, but will take 5-HTP, and if out of that, might take melatonin.

She finds that melatonin is quick acting, but does not really prolong her sleep all that much.

If they have melatonin and 5-HTP in the Philippines, she will be happy to know that when we move, she will not have to order the stuff from abroad.

Both 5-http and melatonin can be bought here via Lazada.

I have just ordered the 5-http as recently been waking around 3--4 and takes time zzzzzoff again.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
melatonin can be bought here via Lazada.

We buy ours at Generics Pharmacy and/or Generika Pharmacy at 15 pesos per piece.

• Like 2