Balikbayan Program Verses Wife With Dual Citizenship?

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

I'm sorry to bring up old questions! However, I have looked for answers to my questions but these answers elude me. 

Wife is dual citizen, she wants us to stay longer than a year,  understand Balikbayan program good for 1 year. 

If we fly Balikbayan program, is a round trip ticket necessary? 

If she is dual citizen is the balikbayan program necessary?

Should we just buy a throw away ticket or what? 

It gets confusing when you add the married to a dual citizen to the mix! 

Sorry again for these questions but, I seem to only find information on single folks traveling to Philippines on tourist visa's. 

You folks here on this forum are wonderful and I would not attempt moving there without your input!!

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It's same as if the wife is only Filipino citizen. She just use her Filipino passport when entering the Philippines.

I would get a throw away ticket anyway to not risk to not be allowed to enter the flight.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

I'm sorry to bring up old questions! However, I have looked for answers to my questions but these answers elude me. 

Wife is dual citizen, she wants us to stay longer than a year,  understand Balikbayan program good for 1 year. 

If we fly Balikbayan program, is a round trip ticket necessary? 

If she is dual citizen is the balikbayan program necessary?

Should we just buy a throw away ticket or what? 

It gets confusing when you add the married to a dual citizen to the mix! 

Sorry again for these questions but, I seem to only find information on single folks traveling to Philippines on tourist visa's. 

You folks here on this forum are wonderful and I would not attempt moving there without your input!!

Wife has a Philippines Passport? She would use it.

Balikbayan applies to you not her. Yes you need a return ticket because your Balikbayan status is not confirmed until you arrive in the Philippines. It is extendable, but that's later.

The only problem I see is if she is not using her Philippines Passport.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

You and wife fly in together.  You will need an ongoing ticket, it does not have to be a round trip ticket, your wife will require the ongoing ticket as a PH citizen.  You can then request the BB stamp in your passport and that will allow you to stay with no issues for 1 year.  If you intend to stay longer than 1 year, to either apply for a tourist visa and a ACR-1 card.  You can extend for up to six months at a time.  The other option is to exit the country with the wife, and come back in and get another BB stamp.  The tourist visa can be extended for a total of two years.  If you plan on staying permanently, you should consider getting a 13A visa.

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted
your wife will require the ongoing ticket as a PH citizen.

Will not? Is that a typo?

She will not require the ongoing ticket.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
 The tourist visa can be extended for a total of two years.
3 years now. 
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 years now. 

Very True and Correct in the normal event But if he goes to 9a after the One year BB he will only have 2 years left of his 3 years Extension Stay from date of Original Entry. :unsure:

jack

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Yes you need a return ticket because your Balikbayan status is not confirmed until you arrive in the Philippines

This has been brought up before and proven that no, he wont need an onward ticket when entering as a balikbayan. I can't be bother searching for it now but its in black and white and l have posted it before. 

chris49
Posted
Posted

All is correct except that if the OP will be occasionally travelling out of the Philippines he will simply get a new Balikbayan visa on each occasion. That would be easier than applying for a 13a visa.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Yes you need a return ticket because your Balikbayan status is not confirmed until you arrive in the Philippines

This has been brought up before and proven that no, he wont need an onward ticket when entering as a balikbayan. I can't be bother searching for it now but its in black and white and l have posted it before. 

JGF, The Airline at point of boarding determines the status. True there have been a number of discussions on this, but the decision on the on going ticket is made by the airline. On entry to the Philippines the on going ticket is not requested (despite the fact that it is a requirement)