Balikbayan Program Verses Wife With Dual Citizenship?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Moved to the correct forum. Again the Chatterbox is not for Philippines related topics.  

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

All is correct except that if the OP will be occasionally travelling out of the Philippines he will simply get a new Balikbayan visa on each occasion. That would be easier than applying for a 13a visa.

Yes and a new date of Entry each time so each BB stamp on Reentry will give the whole thing a new life but I am not sure it will be a new BB each time as the First one is for a Year. As I understand it, He can leave and come back in that particular Year but to obtain a Further BB he must Enter with his Wife.

Jack :unsure:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Yes you need a return ticket because your Balikbayan status is not confirmed until you arrive in the Philippines

This has been brought up before and proven that no, he wont need an onward ticket when entering as a balikbayan. I can't be bother searching for it now but its in black and white and l have posted it before. 

JGF, The Airline at point of boarding determines the status. True there have been a number of discussions on this, but the decision on the on going ticket is made by the airline. On entry to the Philippines the on going ticket is not requested (despite the fact that it is a requirement)

The point being if you carry the law and information to show the airlines the requirements then you do not need that onward ticket. I know people who travel to the Philippines every year as Balikbayan and to ensure you have a great day if questions are asked you show them what is right. If however you have your onward ticket then fine but many come there as a Balikbayan and then change to a 13a or something later so if that was the reason then why waste money on a ticket that you do not need.

post-1-0-92799500-1444365443_thumb.jpg

Good day!
Please be informed that a passenger that will be admitted as Balikbayan is not required to secure a return ticket. The following are qualified as Balikbayans:
1. A Filipino citizen who has been continuously out of the Philippines for a period of at least one year;
2. A Filipino overseas worker (OFW);
3. A Former Filipino and his/her immediate family, who had been naturalized in a foreign country and comes or returns to the Philippines.
The “Balikbayan Privilege” may be availed of by “former Filipinos” and their families traveling TOGETHER every time they enter the Philippines and not only once a year. (MEMORANDUM dated August 16, 2007 issued by Atty. Edgardo L. Mendoza, Chief, IRD).
The “Balikbayan Privilege” is extended to “Filipino passport holders” and their families
MEMORANDUM dated July 01, 2008 issued by Atty. Edgardo L.  Mendoza, Chief, IRD.
All Balikbayans, 14 years and below, and those 60 years of age shall be allowed to extend their temporary visitor visa under Section 9(a) for a maximum period of 6 mos. for every extension provided that all appropriate fees are paid. Balikbayans are allowed a maximum total stay of 2 years inclusive of all extensions. (MEMORANDUM ORDER No. ADD-02-011 dated February 11, 2002).
Should you have other immigration-related queries, please do not hesitate to call the BI Helpdesk Hotline at +632 465 2400 | +632 524 3824 | +632 524 3769 | +632 523 4870 or visit our website at www.immigration.gov.ph or follow us on Twitter: immigrationPH.

The Bureau of Immigration, Philippines Official Website - MAIN
www.immigration.gov.ph
The Official Website of the Bureau of Immigration, Philippines

PRESS RELEASE

MJBA-046-2011

EXCLUSION OF TEMPORARY VISITORS

WITH NO RETURN/OUTBOUND TICKETS
Los Angeles, 28 June
2012 – The Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles wishes to inform the
public of a directive from the Philippine Bureau of Immigration that pursuant
to Section 29(a)(17) of the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940, as amended,
foreign nationals arriving to the Philippines who are admissible under
Section 9(a) (temporary visitor’s visa) or under Executive Order 408 with the
exception of Balikbayans,
but do not have valid return or onward tickets, shall be automatically excluded or will not be allowed entry into the country.
Furthermore, the airline company which allowed the boarding of an excluded passenger shall be
subjected to administrative fines pursuant to Section 44© of the Philippine
Immigration Act.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

All is correct except that if the OP will be occasionally travelling out of the Philippines he will simply get a new Balikbayan visa on each occasion. That would be easier than applying for a 13a visa.

Yes and a new date of Entry each time so each BB stamp on Reentry will give the whole thing a new life but I am not sure it will be a new BB each time as the First one is for a Year. As I understand it, He can leave and come back in that particular Year but to obtain a Further BB he must Enter with his Wife.

Yes with his wife.

And you are not supposed to have 2 Bakikbayan visas within a 12 month period, but he might be able to time it right. The trips out.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Yes with his wife.

And you are not supposed to have 2 Bakikbayan visas within a 12 month period, but he might be able to time it right. The trips out.

Yes agreed but if it not timed to a Tee he will end up Extending. Which sort of complicates what he is Intending, Yes?

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Yes with his wife.

Yes agreed but if it not timed to a Tee he will end up Extending. Which sort of complicates what he is Intending, Yes?

I think it will be a new Bakikbayan privilege each time. 

The “Balikbayan Privilege” may be availed of by “former Filipinos” and their families traveling TOGETHER every time they enter the Philippines and not only once a year. (MEMORANDUM dated August 16, 2007 issued by Atty. Edgardo L. Mendoza, Chief, IRD).

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

BossMan is correct... It was originally stated only once a year but the later memo changed it to as often as you want... Just make sure you enter together!

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

. It was originally stated only once a year but the later memo changed it to as often as you want... Just make sure you enter together!

Originally it also stated that the Filipino spouse should have been out of the PI for a year or more, is this also rescinded?

Jack  :unsure:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
Will not? Is that a typo?

Yes typo, thanks Chris.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

. It was originally stated only once a year but the later memo changed it to as often as you want... Just make sure you enter together!

Originally it also stated that the Filipino spouse should have been out of the PI for a year or more, is this also rescinded?

Jack  :unsure:

Yes... See the memorandum...

• Like 1