Youtubers Misleading Info

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Actually they changed the days back in August 2013.  It is supposed to be 30 days upon entry now.  When I came in on 22OCT2014 I got a 31 day stamp.  ...but when I refer to it as a visa waiver extension, instead of a visa, I have been told I am being too picky. :p

I love one video I saw where a guy said he lives on p150,000 a month and can barely make ends meet - and anyone that tells you it is cheaper is lying ha ha  Of course this same guy claims to be  a missionary and seems to think all expats, but him, are pedophiles.

Some of them, I think, just make stuff up.  I saw a kid in a video in Iloilo flagging down a jeepney "Illongo style" by wrapping his money around his fingers and waving the money at the driver. I have lived in Iloilo almost 3 years and never seen anyone do that.  Ever!  He is showing how much he learns about each region... and makes up a lot of crap.  

I make very few videos.  Mine really are for my friends and family back in the US. I don't try to teach anything - just showing off the beach and my porch.  I have not monetized my channel (and have no intention of monetizing it) but I know some guys that make pretty good money from YouTube.  It is a lot of work though!  :tiphat:

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

If these people/bloggers are making money from giving information the least they can do is make sure it`s right.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

If these people/bloggers are making money from giving information the least they can do is make sure it`s right.

Tongue in cheek here but over the years look how many of these types we have had here on the Forum.Then when they come it is such a Different Story, Forgetting may times what they have spouted from the Internet and Misinformation they have got or even written themselves.

Just saying But........................post-2148-0-76526900-1444530645.png

Jack :unsure:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

Tongue in cheek here but over the years look how many of these types we have had here on the Forum.Then when they come it is such a Different Story, Forgetting may times what they have spouted from the Internet and Misinformation they have got or even written themselves.

Just saying But........................attachicon.gifwink.png

Jack :unsure:

Yes some people in the past have said "live like a king for $1000 a month.

Edited by sonjack2847
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Yes some people in the past have said "live like a king for $1000 a month.

:thumbsup:  I was more thinking of those that say they would need 3.000+ because anything less can't be done( and we know it can be done although maybe not like a king) and then think they can change the World to suit them and those that think All Filipinos are Low class and probably only met a few (mainly in the Bars)

Then there is the ones that think only Luzon is the Philippines and the Provinces are not worth much, Yet all have Influential and Upper Class girlfriends  :hystery:  that they met online To me these are the ones to watch

Jack post-2148-0-56543000-1444531814.png Spouting a little sorry but the truth.................. :)  

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

OK guys......here's a stupid question.  How does one make profit by showing a video on YouTube?  For example, if I demonstrate how to use a tabu-tabu instead of toilet paper, how do I set up an account to accept donations or cash?

Just asking.......

• Like 3

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

well guys you may have heard or read this before !

THE PHILIPPINES ? WHERE THE HELL IS THAT ?

yes that was me 14 years ago !!

Living in the UK The Philippines was not a country that was in the news very often. 

But having met a Filipino woman online ( now my wife ) I did the usual things .

went to the book stores , bought a couple of books ( both with different opinions, funny that )

You tube then I had never thought of looking at for details of the Philippines.

But doing as you do I relied on my future wifes dos and dont etc.

yes when I arrived I did the over the top tipping !

But as my wife pointed out " we dont do that !! " well not everywhere !

so when it comes to paying for things  such as meals out, my haircut 50 php inc tip,etc

its the little woman who always pays the bills ( from my wallet ) which contains " our "  money !!

there is one guy on you tube that has lots of videos and is selling a book also !!

and regarding the living like a king thing, between us we average 70.000php a month and we live

ok and can save 20,000 a month. we eat out often but at student prices !!

And we eat at max,s twice a month we dont struggle.

thats for today folks ! PS why are the imoticons not working ?

or is it google chrome again ?

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
thats for today folks ! PS why are the imoticons not working ? or is it google chrome again ?

My emoticons are slow so I think it may be Google chrome, Mine has been a Pig for a month or more.

Jack :)

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

OK guys......here's a stupid question.  How does one make profit by showing a video on YouTube?  For example, if I demonstrate how to use a tabu-tabu instead of toilet paper, how do I set up an account to accept donations or cash?

Just asking.......

First let me preface this by saying I do not want to see a video of you using a tabo ha ha 

There is a link on your YouTube channel management to monetize the account.  There are rules on what you can, and cannot, show.  Also they are picky about background music - even someone singing karaoke in the background can flag it.  To make any money you have to have a lot of subscribers, lot of views, lot of discussion...  Some of the younger vloggers make their living on YouTube.  Most expats don't have channels that popular - but I know one guy over here that makes over $600 a month.  He works his ass though... 

Some do quite well, like tobuscsus who has over 6 million subscribers and over a billion views.  TYT has only 2 million subs but over 2 billion views. (they are both not Philippine related)   Makes my 100 subscribers look like chump change ha ha  Which is why I have not monetized my channel.   :tiphat:

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
And as for the Chocolate Hills, I will continue my rant from before. I asked one of the locals how they were formed and he looked at me blankly. There is nothing there to see, except they will change color in different lighting.

Look through a camera lens , then the world becomes a beautiful place,

The Chocolate hills, is a amazing place to me,