Youtubers Misleading Info

stevewool
Posted
Posted
demonstrate how to use a tabu-tabu instead of toilet paper,

What do you mean, aint that there for you to take a drink from while doing your business

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

OK guys......here's a stupid question.  How does one make profit by showing a video on YouTube?  For example, if I demonstrate how to use a tabu-tabu instead of toilet paper, how do I set up an account to accept donations or cash?

Just asking.......

It's done by showing google adsense which you set in your youtube account. Takes a lot of ad clicks to make anything just like here on the forum. You could probably set up a donation button as well. Now who is going to volunteer to do the filming?   :lol:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Actually they changed the days back in August 2013.  It is supposed to be 30 days upon entry now.  When I came in on 22OCT2014 I got a 31 day stamp.  ...but when I refer to it as a visa waiver extension, instead of a visa, I have been told I am being too picky. :p  

I would think you would have to be special to get a 31 day stamp. :)  Previously it was 21 days and then it changed to 30 days but this is the first time I have ever heard of a 31 day waiver upon arrival.  

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

As far as saving money, the rent sure seems cheaper than what I'm paying. That in its self seems to be a big plus. I hear folks talking about running air-con 24 hours and having an electric bill of $100 per month, but that is close to what I pay here. The internet may not be too reliable but seems to be half the cost I'm paying here. The phone bill looks to be at least half maybe more if you just text. I won't be driving so no car no insurence no maintenance, no fuel. That is a savings of around $700.00 off the top. Minus the travel fees around the Philippines per month I come up with at least $400.00 saving in transportation per month. Cable TV is half of what I pay now. Food I expect to pay about what I do here, around $500.00 per month but who knows, maybe more maybe less. 

So on paper and paper only I'm saving about $1200.00 per month compared to what I spend now in the states. I'll loose some of that if I decide to stay long term and put child in school there, but for six months we will get a feel for the place and its vibe. If I don't like it, I go home with a little more savings in the bank.

Like everything else in the Philippines, there seems to be multiple answers for everything. The best you can hope for is to navigate the place on your own terms with your own budget and common sense. In the end you have a short term or long term adventure that everyone enjoys! 

If you watch Youtubers or listen to folks on a forum it must be done with an open mind, knowing everyone has a unique perspective and situation that determines their experience and their presentation of information. I always ask myself what I would do, what would I say…How ever I can put myself in the situation or conversation, knowing my circumstances and my budget and my beliefs. That is how you educate yourself and protect others from making mistakes along the way.

• Like 4

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

OK guys......here's a stupid question. How does one make profit by showing a video on YouTube? For example, if I demonstrate how to use a tabu-tabu instead of toilet paper, how do I set up an account to accept donations or cash?

Just asking.......

Jack, I'm a web developer. Just let me know if you ever need help.

You will need a Google AdSense account to monetize your YouTube channel.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Jack, I'm a web developer. Just let me know if you ever need help. You will need a Google AdSense account to monetize your YouTube channel.

post-2148-0-50037200-1444566146_thumb.jpThat is Jake Richie Not the Jack man  :hystery:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I do know that there are people who actually PAY for video content and they pay good money.  If a person is lucky/good enough to get such a gig then you (as videographer) are going to say whatever the one paying the bills wants you to say.

For example, if someone is making a 'rose colored glasses' site and wants to pay me US$50 to make a 3 minute video explaining how I live well on less than US$1,000 a month, what do you think I'm going to do?  I don't lie in any videos that I sell but I sure slant them in the direction of the one paying the bills.  The boss is always right, as they say.   :tiphat:

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Recently there was a scare going around the internet about an asteroid or comet strike this fall causing a major disaster. Turns out that the website promoting this "news" has all this advertising for disaster "prepper" stuff. The website operators are trying to scare people so they will buy disaster prepper stuff from their website.

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Thanks Earthdome!  OK, that's it......I'm gonna produce a global catastrophe about all the toilet paper suddenly disappearing.  And then video blog in streaming (steaming) high definition with HD sound quality of my personal and unique techniques on how to use the tabu-tabu.  

For the 1st 100 subscribers, I will offer my personal sound effects free of charge!  

• Like 1

usa32
Posted
Posted (edited)

I believe alot of the youtube Philippine guys, offer good information. Is it all correct? no. There are some nuts on there too, with mental issues.

However, I follow a few, and it seems they provide good information, and not just rose colored glasses. You get to see the girls they are dating, and their general real world cost of living, as well as their experience both good and bad there.

Edited by usa32
  • Like 1