Youtubers Misleading Info

davewe
Posted
Posted

Like everything else in the Philippines, there seems to be multiple answers for everything. The best you can hope for is to navigate the place on your own terms with your own budget and common sense. In the end you have a short term or long term adventure that everyone enjoys! 

If you watch Youtubers or listen to folks on a forum it must be done with an open mind, knowing everyone has a unique perspective and situation that determines their experience and their presentation of information. I always ask myself what I would do, what would I say…How ever I can put myself in the situation or conversation, knowing my circumstances and my budget and my beliefs. That is how you educate yourself and protect others from making mistakes along the way.

+1

I like some of the vloggers and some of the written bloggers (I do it myself). Just as posting a question on this forum and getting a dozen different answers, everyone has a different view of what life is like whether traveling to or living in the Philippines as well as being married to a Filipina. 

After viewing a few videos you can tell who you connect with and who you cannot, who is interesting/boring, who hates PI or likes it, etc. I take it all with a grain of salt but when I watch or read it all I can get a generally accurate view. 

The wife and I have a few videos posted and hope to do more but it is a lot of work. Her videos always get more views than mine - can't imagine why :)

• Like 2