Bacolod Foreigner Friendly?

Mike S
Posted
Posted

not sure that people in cebu are more friendly ..... definitely louder ..... i was amazed after we moved here and saw a bunch of students eating in the mall at the difference of the noise level compared to a like group in cebu .... in cebu we used to hurry up and leave or just walk out if not served yet ..... the noise was deafening ..... funny thing is when a group of cebuanos get together here they always have to shout at each other even if sitting at the same table ..... we can always tell where they are from by how loud they are ...... i will look at j and remark they have to be from cebu . :hystery: ..... again ... jmho :tiphat: 

:cheersty:

• Like 2

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Bacolod sounds like a nice place to live....if you can handle not being the center of attention and are happy even if young ladies aren't throwing themselves at you.  I watched the video that OP was referring to and that's what I got out of it.  I would be totally into Bacolod if I was new in the Philippines....I can certainly appreciate reserved locals as that's definitely better than fake friendliness and opportunistic welcomes.  But, that's just me   :cheersty:      

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

not sure that people in cebu are more friendly ..... definitely louder ..... i was amazed after we moved here and saw a bunch of students eating in the mall at the difference of the noise level compared to a like group in cebu .... in cebu we used to hurry up and leave or just walk out if not served yet ..... the noise was deafening ..... funny thing is when a group of cebuanos get together here they always have to shout at each other even if sitting at the same table ..... we can always tell where they are from by how loud they are ...... i will look at j and remark they have to be from cebu . :hystery: ..... again

Yes. Not all but many and not only Cebuanos in Cebu city.  I asked a Cebuana from Cagayan de Oro city why her family shout instead of talk, and she got angry  :)

Perhaps some foreigners mix up talkative with friendly. Friendly can be quiet too   :)

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I asked a Cebuana from Cagayan de Oro city why her family shout instead of talk, and she got angry 

Can't see why, they know they shout. In fact, In all my years here I have not met many Quiet ones.

and the Quiet ones are normally Tsismis Merchants

Visayans are just the same, I think it is like someone from a large Family,"Those that shout Loudest get Heard & Fed First"  :hystery:

Just saying  :unsure:

Jack post-2148-0-27050000-1445774502.png

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I asked a Cebuana from Cagayan de Oro city why her family shout instead of talk, and she got angry 

Can't see why, they know they shout. In fact, In all my years here I have not met many Quiet ones.

Visayans are just the same, I think it is like someone from a large Family,"Those that shout Loudest get Heard & Fed First"  :hystery:

It was some funny, the only who DIDN'T shout in that family, was the toddlers !!! in an age when it's normal to have bad volume control.  Perhaps they had given up to try to be louder than the grown ups  :lol: 

A new born had almost no chance to get heared   :hystery:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It was some funny, the only who DIDN'T shout in that family, was the toddlers !!! in an age when it's normal to have bad volume control.  Perhaps they had given up to try to be louder than the grown ups  :lol:

A new born had almost no chance to get heared   :hystery:

Exactly, Which is why I said  I was surprised your friend got Angry But then that's the face thing again. How can I be wrong when we are only talking. Over talk, side talk comes to mind  :)

Jack :thumbsup:

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Exactly, Which is why I said I was surprised your friend got Angry But then that's the face thing again.
Exactly. She got angry just because I questioned their shouting instead of talking when they sit close to each other.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

My wife just mentioned to me that recently at the mall here in a small mid western US city she heard from a distance 2 Cebuano's shouting talking to each other.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I live in Iloilo and find the people here quite friendly.  I have been to Bacolod a few times and find them a bit more reserved, but nice.  A quieter, more laid back town than Iloilo (I had not thought that possible).  Seems like a nice place to live.

I vacationed for a few weeks in Cebu and found the girls quite friendly... but that is a whole different game... the men pretty much ignored me.