How Much Do You Eat

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I was in an American bar on the beach 2 women with 2 children  were there they drank no alcohol but they ate and their bill was 480 peso now when the dearest combination of food there is maybe 160 per person it should be enough for them at that size of portion  I am a bar hopper and went around the corner to a phills bar guess what those 2 women were eating again  is this normal or will they be @at @ows what I saw happening beggars belief 

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It don't suprise me. Many Filipinos have eating as hobby    :mocking: 

Asking me what I have eaten, is even more common than "How are you?"   :lol:

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

eating here like a Filipino I would weigh twice as much as I do now !

here its breakfast then merianda-then lunch-then merienda-then dinner-then merienda

thats 6 meals a day ! and they dont put on weight !!

I eat 3 meals a day !

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Its the size that counts (Meals I mean) that does the damage.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

What ever Ems puts on my plate i will eat, sometimes i think thats too much , but i never ever wast anything

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

They eat way too much rice, and will eat rice 3 times a day.

I eat quite a bit too, because of my biking and calorie replacement.  I'm not gaining weight at the moment and a few of my trousers are quite loose. i will consume a meal without adding any rice at all, but our family members start with a large plate, to a point where I was buying 2 x 25 kg bags in a month

Another factor is the Filipino compulsion to buy something if they have money. It is evidenced in Malls where places like KFC, Mc Do, Pizza Hut, are usually overflowing all day. I have noticed that a large number of the customers are overweight. Short little Filipinas also can appear "chubby" despite carrying a low body weight.

Money is the key. If they have money they will continue to spend it on food, especially in the Malls, where people with money tend to go,

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Agree it's amazing how much some locals can consume and how they can repeat short time later. My partner is approximately half my weight and size and able to out eat me lunch and dinner.

Like many here we witness the same as the OP every time going out, enormous pile of rice and meats. Rare to see large portions of veges and or fruit. It's almost an obsession to eat eat eat.

Our past maid would start preparing lunch just as soon as breakfast was done.......

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

All the posts are coming with the same thoughts I think most of us have, EAT,EAT, EAT is the Motto.

I don't think I have met yet, a Filipino that can not Out Eat any Foreigner.

It is the Food they eat I think, that allows them to do this, I wonder if it would be the same if we fed them a Good ole UK/Aus or NZ Sunday Roast or a Hearty US Thanks Giving Meal, I guess a merianda or two would be Missed.

Then Having said this and read the rest, I wonder where the World think, it is a poor Country and people struggle for a meal when we can see how Much they Consume or is this the answer, They eat like they do because of not knowing when the next meal will come? but it's OK it is SO & So's Birthday Today so we may get an Invite at 4.30 for a 6 pm meal

Just saying :thumbsup:

Jack :no:

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

I can't speak for all Filipinos, but my Italian friends are in awe of my wife's appetite. At Italian banquets, she outeats them handily. They don't even come close.

• Like 1