Finding The Right Filipina Part 3: Red Flags

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've been researching the Philippines as a place for retirement since 2009.

So Vince what's your conclusions with regards to Filipina's.

Is the Philippines the place for you.

You never really know someone till you live with them and that works both way's and that can't be read in a book or the internet.

Hope your not using the answers here, as research for a book :no: that would be agains't the rules.....JB

Perish the thought

I think it will be the place for me. I love the Tropics, and I have enjoyed the company of Filipinos here in the USA (male and female). Now that I am semi-retired, I'm just waiting for Mom to pass before I make my first visit.

As for writing a book with this content, nope. Been there, done that, sold the rights to a publisher (not on Filipinas, BTW). I also write and publish fiction, under a pen name. This is for members to use, to their own benefit. That includes me!

Edited by Vince Runza

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

My question to Vince

Curious 

What authority are you to dating a Filipina? How do you know all the tricks or the other things posted in the other 2 topics. From my research you have not yet been to the Philippines. Is your source of wisdom from youtube and Filipinas living in the US of A or have you got boots on the ground experience that google does not add to your life.

Please tell me your relationship with the Philippines other than hoping to move one day.   :thumbsup:

Good call Tom, I actually thought by the posts that Vince had boots on the ground here.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Sure, you can copy and paste all you want. Just don't swipe the content, i.e. package and sell it as if it was your own. I'm not looking to sell it, myself. DMCA is the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. It basically says that anything you post in a forum like this is yours. Anyone who steals it and calls it theirs is a liar, a thief, and MUST PERISH!

It is my understanding that anything we post (text and photos) now belongs to the Philippines Expat Forum and no one else.  We can't even delete photos from the gallery if we discontinued our membership here.  

Moderators, please advise........

• Like 2

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Sure, you can copy and paste all you want. Just don't swipe the content, i.e. package and sell it as if it was your own. I'm not looking to sell it, myself. DMCA is the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. It basically says that anything you post in a forum like this is yours. Anyone who steals it and calls it theirs is a liar, a thief, and MUST PERISH!

It is my understanding that anything we post (text and photos) now belongs to the Philippines Expat Forum and no one else.  We can't even delete photos from the gallery if we discontinued our membership here.  

I thought it all belonged to Sir Tom :mocking: :mocking: :mocking:

• Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted

My question to Vince

Curious 

What authority are you to dating a Filipina? How do you know all the tricks or the other things posted in the other 2 topics. From my research you have not yet been to the Philippines. Is your source of wisdom from youtube and Filipinas living in the US of A or have you got boots on the ground experience that google does not add to your life.

Please tell me your relationship with the Philippines other than hoping to move one day.   :thumbsup:

Not that it necessarily makes someone unqualified (we all read and did research before we visited or expatted) but you do realize, Vince, that the majority of guys here do live in the Philippines and/or are married to or partnered up with Pinays. Just sayin'

• Like 5

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted (edited)

First of all, I started this series of posts because there are guys seeking info on finding a decent partner (and guys who married in haste, repenting at leisure). Who better than you guys, on the ground, to supply that info? I have a background in dealing with women, and writing about it. The list of Up Front, Short Term, and Long Term Red Flags needs to be fleshed out by the members here, who've been through the process on the ground. It's the failures and successes that could make this a valuable resource.

Then, there's SEO (Search Engine Optimization). This subject is searched, a lot, and can drive traffic to the Forums. If there's a bump in AdSense revenues for the owner, that's a plus: http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/23595-one-word-title-in-topics-not-seo-friendly/

Edited by Jollygoodfellow

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Well I think these posts are fun, and might even be helpful. Keep them coming, Vince!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The rules that one agrees to when joining this forum state what is posted belong to the Forum so the forum becomes the owner of all content.

You Agree: 

2/ As a member of Philippines Expat Forum you agree and understand that once you have posted a post or topic, the contents of the post including images, attachments or text will then be deemed to be the property of Philippines Expat Forum
Philippines Expat Forum therefor become the owners of of all posted material including gallery uploads or blogs.

What Vince is saying that the content can not be taken and used for financial gain which is correct.
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

:attention:  OK

Lets all just get back to the topic. If members wish to add their thoughts to this topic then good. I am satisfied Vince is contributing to the forum as a member and as long as no rules are broken then most

members can post whatever topics they want to so let's move along.

• Like 1

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted (edited)

You will note that Up Front and Short Term have some overlap. That's because some of these Red Flags show up on the first few dates, rather than at once. Keep 'em coming! Then, I can move on to Part 4: Strategic Dating.

Up Front List:
She wants money for: medical bills, 'load' for her phone, carfare, etc.
She wants to steer you towards a friend or family member that offers a product or service you might want. She is particularly single-minded in this.
She immediately wants to take you back to her place for a drink (made by Mickey Finn).
She has a suspiciously deep voice, muscular build, and aggressive manner. Could be a Ladyboy?
WoMeN wHo CaPiTaLiZe EvErY oThEr LeTtEr.
She is interested in you before she knows anything much about you (this applies particularly "on line") = economics are the driving force and/or the "ticking of the clock" / fear of being left on the shelf.
She wears topline clothing, gold everywhere and latest cellphone.

Short Term List:
She wants money for: medical bills, 'load' for her phone, carfare, etc.
She wants to steer you towards a friend or family member that offers a product or service you might want. She is particularly single-minded in this.
She is very close to a male cousin (that ain't no cousin; that's a husband or boyfriend)
She refuses to introduce you to her parents (what is she hiding?)
Her place is untidy (this is rare and suggests drink or drugs)
Sudden, unreasoning, and excessive displays of jealousy. Does not count if you gave her a reason to be jealous!
The Silent Treatment, a/k/a Tampo. Depends on your ability to deal with it, or not.
She can absolutely flog anyone at pool
Her last 'boyfriend' was from ....... (wherever)

Long Term List:

Large family, low employment, little ambition on the part of male family members.

Edited by Vince Runza