Left Handed People ( They Say Only 10% Of The Worlds Population)

Thomas
Posted
Posted
shoot a gun with my left
Concerning dominating side, we have that for EYES too. It wouldn't be good to shoot with right, aiming with the right eye, if the left eye is the dominating.

It's easy to test which eye is the dominating. Just point at something a bit away with BOTH eyes open. Then close one eye at the time still holding the pointing finger in SAME position. The open eye, which make you are pointing NOT at the target anymore, is the NOT dominating eye.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
is the M-16/M-4 available for the left trigger finger

:1 (103):  sailors

Heh heh, there is an attachment that theoretically will keep the casing from hitting the shooter, but its rarely used. Unless the weapon has been fired a whole bunch and is real dirty the casing is ejected with enough force at a right angle to the shooter, its usually the guy firing next to you that gets a hot casing down the back of the shirt :hystery:  

• Like 2

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Steve, you're not alone.  My wife writes with her right (not corrected, just picked up the pencil with her right hand because that's what her teacher and classmates did), but does everything else with her left. 

Of the 7 siblings in her family, only 3 are right-handed.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Of the 7 siblings in her family, only 3 are right-handed.

Interesting! given the% stated of the world wide population I would say that this is remarkable, do you think it was a teaching thing between them, 1 is so most of the others followed? Is the Eldest Left handed?

Jack :unsure:

Morning All  :morning1:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
I use sissors in my left, shoot a gun with my left, and before my spinal injury, kick a ball with my left. Yeah screwed up I know.

You and me both Steve (lets really steal Jacks thread)

I throw, write, eat, and other stuff left handed, I shoot a basketball and rifle, kick a ball right handed (or footed).

You remember the old "Pass, Punt and Kick" competition when we were young? Well I almost won, I threw the ball real well left handed, punted a long one right footed. Then when I ran up to kick the ball for the final event, I couldn't figure what foot to use, missed the ball completely and fell on my butt.. (and lost the contest).

I have been scarred since :dance:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

You and me both Steve (lets really steal Jacks thread)

post-2148-0-14278000-1449102428_thumb.jp  :hystery:

Jackpost-2148-0-50428500-1449102456.png  :mocking:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Jack

would you stop, my nostril cant take much more diet coke come out from laughing so hard :hystery:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Jack

would you stop, my nostril cant take much more diet coke come out from laughing so hard :hystery:

Was that your left nostril?

Edited by Jake
  • Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Being left handed has some advantages

For one thing I cant eat dinner faster because my fork is in my left hand

However when writing I cannot see the word I have just written because my hand is covering it.

I do believe the world of manufacturing does not really cater for lefties and we learn to adjust.

My brother in law (whose a conservative ) says I have been a lefty all my life!

But no I just believe in live and let live......morning all

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Being left handed has some advantages

For one thing I cant eat dinner faster because my fork is in my left hand

However when writing I cannot see the word I have just written because my hand is covering it.

I do believe the world of manufacturing does not really cater for lefties and we learn to adjust.

My brother in law (whose a conservative ) says I have been a lefty all my life!

But no I just believe in live and let live......morning all

Yes. (Although there are sissors and knifes for left handed).

Back when old ink pens were used, it was very inconvinient for left handed, because hard to avoid smearing out tthe not yet dried ink by the hand or arm.

But in SOME sports have left handed advantage because of the opponents aren't used to meet left handed, but the left handed is used to meet right handed. An EXTRA advantage for boxers, because left handed get an extra knockout point - the liver - which left handed can hit much more effective plus get extra protection of their own.

• Like 1