No Firearms But Bows Allowed?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

canadamale asked this is an other topic, but I think it's worth an own topic. I put it in other section, because it can be both a SECURITY and a hobby question.

Interesting question, we are not allowed to own firearms does anyone here know the limitations on owning crossbows, compound bows etc.

Anyone knowing what's the DEFINITION at weapons we are NOT allowed to have AT HOME?

For instance I have a decription how to make a homemade "rocket gun", which DON'T break metal, but can make serious damage a few houndred meters away, made rather easy by common stuff. 

I wonder how criminals would react if they come to my house with pistols and I stand at second floor and point back at them with a 12 cm caliber "rocket gun"   :lol:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
Anyone knowing what's the DEFINITION at weapons we are NOT allowed to have AT HOME?

Not really but my daughters Longbow is Licensed. For the range only!

BTW I believe Fishing Rods are supposed to be Licensed so it goes on, are these a weapon? The Fish may think So.

But seriously, I tend to think it it's use, that will be in Question.( Whatever the Weapon) 

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I know there is an archery range in our area. But like most places where the locals "exercise" it is in doors and airconed :unsure:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
BTW I believe Fishing Rods are supposed to be Licensed so it goes on, are these a weapon?
I don't know about fishing rods, but chain saws has to be registered, but that's NOT of weapon reason, but to try to stop illegal logging. I read only at Palawan they have  600 CONFISKATED chain saws in storage after they were used for illegal logging.

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Not really but my daughters Longbow is Licensed. For the range only!

BTW I believe Fishing Rods are supposed to be Licensed so it goes on, are these a weapon? The Fish may think So.

But seriously, I tend to think it it's use, that will be in Question.( Whatever the Weapon) 

Ahh-that's a good one, Jack. I never thought of it that way :hystery:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I believe Fishing Rods are supposed to be Licensed so it goes on, are these a weapon?

Here is the complete firearms act if anyone wants to wade through it

http://www.gov.ph/2013/05/29/republic-act-no-10591/

But the simple part is:

SEC. 4. Standards and Requisites for Issuance of and Obtaining a License to Own and Possess Firearms. – In order to qualify and acquire a license to own and possess a firearm or firearms and ammunition, the applicant must be a Filipino citizen, at least twenty-one (21) years old and has gainful work, occupation or business or has filed an Income Tax Return (ITR) for the preceding year as proof of income, profession, business or occupation.

And

(l) Firearm refers to any handheld or portable weapon, whether a small arm or light weapon, that expels or is designed to expel a bullet, shot, slug, missile or any projectile, which is discharged by means of expansive force of gases from burning gunpowder or other form of combustion or any similar instrument or implement. For purposes of this Act, the barrel, frame or receiver is considered a firearm.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I read only at Palawan they have  600 CONFISKATED chain saws in storage after they were used for illegal logging.

Thomas, Lightly said here but if you intend to use a Chainsaw on an Estranged Husband, it IS a weapon  post-2148-0-87715000-1449400975.png OOOH! so many things are Weapons. :hystery:  Even my Wife can be a weapon if you upset me  :mocking:

Jack  :thumbsup:

Just Kidding of course But........................ :tiphat:

Tikasan
Posted
Posted

How about airport pistols? Are they illegal?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
How about airport pistols? Are they illegal?

which is discharged by means of expansive force of gases from burning gunpowder or other form of combustion or any similar instrument or implement.

Now if I was a lawyer, and I really wanted to prosecute someone, it could be argued that compressed air released is a form of combustion. Add to that the last bit "any other similar instrument or implement", which a lawyer could spin just about anyway he wanted to.

For me, and me alone, unless I have a rat problem, and I just kept it at home only. Its just not worth the hassle or risk.

• Like 2

Tikasan
Posted
Posted

Airsoft l mean....stupid auto correct

• Like 1