Making Fun Of Somebody Who Is Less Fortunate Than Yourself

stevewool
Posted
Posted

The only way to deal with these kids is to get older kids to deal with them ,

The trouble is open your mouth anywhere you may have to deal with what you have just tried to stop for months even years on end,

Life is unfair

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

Kev, Get ur own stick, I,m sure u have enough bottle tops to make up ur own Band. :cheersty:

Give Regards to Sim, Also to Mat and Claire for me please

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Talking to my Sori, Sori owner last evening, I mentioned this, he said he used to get it a lot when the Barangay had a less than 100% family living out in the fields. He believes that this behaviour is brought about by the Non Understanding of things, Seems in Places anyone with either a Learning Difficulty or just not normal ( Define Normal someone please) is considered out cast. What a shame in this enlightened age we live in but apart from decent people Like the OP others/Many can't cope with it so go with the Flow. lets make Fun. One starts the Bullying ( and that, is what it is) and others follow, For me when this happens I go for the Biggest Mouth, shut that up and they are less ready to do it when I am around and I make sure that they understand, if I am not around and I hear it has happened again I Will come looking for you 

Harsh and intimidating I hear, YEP! you bet, I don't like Bullies but I can be one if needed.

I don't like to be thought of as a Hard and Threatening man at all but at 6' and 180 lbs They Listen and the Tanods & Parents are happy enough. I have never needed to go Physical, the Voice is enough believe me,

BTW my carol Singers are down this year, apparently people don't like being Shouted at. Maybe just maybe the message is getting About. I don't like the Bullies & you lot are all friends of the Bullies. :)

Jack :lol:  ( In a Monday Mood. Good at this time but watch some B............. Spoil it) 

• Like 2

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

WOW

this is so sad I really hate to see or hear things like this we all need to get along in this world and help each other when we can I do not care were it may be back home or here , the bar owner needs to make sure his place is a safe place to go and that is for everyone 

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Yeh Kev I would agree, responsibility of bar owner to sort this. Bullying to an unfortunate is not pretty and I would also react, followed up by chatting to owner firmly.

Have not personally encounter this and hope not to

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I learned a new term recently.  "Inborn".  We have a sikad driver that cannot make change.  You pay him and he keeps whatever you give.  He can peddle a bike, but can't count money - but he sure smiles a lot and is very friendly. My wife said he was 'inborn'.  I had to ask what that meant... Any birth defect, physical or mental, is an inborn defect... so instead of retarded, crippled etc... they call them 'inborn'.  A new one on me.

I have noticed that people here are generally polite, in their own way, but will certainly point and stare at anyone different.  I see more of it around christmas - the parents with severely handicapped kids in a wheelchair (looking a bit like Stephen Hawking).  People crowd around and stare.  Talk about messed up they are. Say something nonsensical about god's blessings and then drop money in the cup.  Kind of like their own private 'freak show'. 

We do have drug addicts around but most grown ups act like they are afraid of them. (the ones that stand in the middle of the street screaming at the sky) They seem to be fair game for the kids. Most grownups would probably discourage the kids from picking on them - if it was their own kids.  Otherwise they would frown about it but not get involved.  :tiphat:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well   in reality I should not have said anything but I did so cannot take it back. The bar owner is probably afraid he will get his bar burned down.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well   in reality I should not have said anything but I did so cannot take it back. The bar owner is probably afraid he will get his bar burned down.

No Kev it was the right thing to do, the Bar/Shop owners have to realize they are there and do well as a service, a Service to every one, they can't/shouldn't just pick and choose. It is a times like this when we (The Foreigner) can be a Big help at times in bringing a little sense to a lot of People.

I mean we are all gods Children [so we are told]

Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

No Kev it was the right thing to do, the Bar/Shop owners have to realize they are there and do well as a service, a Service to every one, they can't/shouldn't just pick and choose. It is a times like this when we (The Foreigner) can be a Big help at times in bringing a little sense to a lot of People.

I agree that it was right to say something but in this place strange things can happen to people like disappearing.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I agree that it was right to say something but in this place strange things can happen to people like disappearing.

Who would want to steal a Bar Owner that seems frightened of his own Shadow.

I wonder who he will be Voting For. :lol:

• Like 1