Are You Really Happy Here.?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure:  I guess we have talked about this before in a lot ways, From Money to Marriage what keeps us here or why some would want to leave but Let me ask this if I may,"Are you really happy here?" or is it an Ante Climax, Is the "Honeymoon Period Over?" I ask because over the Years in Many Topics and Posts, all of us can put in the phrases of this and of that. 

Whinging, Whining, Moaning, this ain't right that ain't right should be this should be that But Today, I am home alone and as we all know people don't always like their own Company, Normally I am OK with it but Today, after probably the worst Month for me People wise,(This Year so far) Both Us and Them    :lol:  I sit and ask myself Am I happy?  Yes! is my Answer now at 103.4 but......... I ask, How about you out there?

Jack :)

Hey Guys & Gals this is a Positive & Negative Topic OK  :thumbsup:  Go for it  :lol:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I sit and ask myself Am I happy?  Yes! is my Answer now at 103.4 but......... I ask, How about you out there?

You're much older than I thought.  :tiphat:

:hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:  10.34 but you knew that EH?  I can Handle the P...Take :thumbsup:

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

I don't know about "happy", like in 'joyous' or 'ecstatic', but I sure am content. Especially when put in the perspective of other options and the lives of most other people I'm aware of.  I'm at peace with this culture and all of its X-cultural, comparative differences. There are upsides and downsides, but if there wasn't a positive net gain, I wouldn't be here. 

If a man is bored, he may be in a very comfortable rut with no immediate problems to solve. Life can be, 'too easy', at times and its disturbing not to have challenges, but its up to the individual to create and develop interests. The best ones take effort and present discomfort at times, but the rewards are worth it. E.G., I haven't been to my gym in a month and need to get back into my weight lifting routine. Everytime I finish my 80 min. program I feel like a million, but pushing iron encased in an  American sweatshirt and long leg exer. pants in a gym w/only one fan, but a nice open air balcony on the third floor of the old place does stress the body more than sitting here enjoying the sea breeze while at my computer. I know what I need to do when I am feeling bored, but am so easily seduced here by my easy life that I get very lazy for days on end. Probably too much of a good thing. 'Guard against it and take a roll of the dice and try something different', I tell myself... but it ain't easy. I don't think we are designed by evolution to enjoy the idealized concept of a 'tropical retirement'. Time for a few changes, some new challenges and goals or maybe I need more problems and mini-crisis to make a man feel and appreciate the flow of life. Careful what you wish for.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
maybe I need more problems and mini-crisis to make a man feel and appreciate the flow of life.

Try having breakfast at Andy's Private Garden in Dumaguete.  It was surely a mini-crisis for me.  (Read this thread if you need to ask)

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

10.34 but you knew that EH?

phew!  Nope, did not know that.  Thought you were sitting there with a fever of 103.4 and feeling sick.  Glad to hear you are only moaning  :attention:

I am happy here, but sentimental as it sounds, give me a good wife and enough money to live comfortably a place to buy what I consider essential, and I'll be happy anywhere.  The real beauty of this place is:  if the relationship falls apart there is always another to bring you back into serenity.

Spoken like the Dave we all know and admire.  The Visayan James Bond can roll with the punches and keeps going and going and going.  What a life of contentment, full of multiple choices -- sometimes at the same time.....he, he.  

You're the Man!  Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

I don't know about "happy", like in 'joyous' or 'ecstatic', but I sure am content. Especially when put in the perspective of other options and the lives of most other people I'm aware of.  I'm at peace with this culture and all of its X-cultural, comparative differences. There are upsides and downsides, but if there wasn't a positive net gain, I wouldn't be here. 

Triple LIKE sir!

i am bob
Posted
Posted

For those of you who saw my earlier post, yes, it looks like I'm going back home... Not because I don't like it here, because I do! I love it here! But I found someone I love even more!!! It's hard to get past the annulment issue. So, it's back to Canada, divorce for her shortly after, and then marriage. Will we come back? It depends on if the law changes... We will visit but after she gets her Canadian citizenship and passport to travel on.

• Like 4