Building Plans And Costs For The New Arrival

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

keeps the floor dry in the CR.

So long as people are gonna sit on the toilet and wash with a ladle full of water instead of (or in addition to) using tp the floor is going to be wet.

Ours never has time to get Dry

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

So long as people are gonna sit on the toilet and wash with a ladle full of water instead of (or in addition to) using tp the floor is going to be wet.

I can't even recall the last time i used the western 'dry bathroom floor' method here for serious business. Just goes to show what living here long term does to a man's life-long habits and norms. When in Rome.....

• Like 2

barryneves
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just a few interior pics to conclude. 

The place has 10 ft ceilings which, when combined with double-sided roof insulation and very large jalousie plus windows with mirrored one-way bronze glass completely preclude the need for aircon up here in Valencia.

Bedrooms were kept to a modest size to allow for more living space and both en-suite cr and walk-through closet.

LED lighting throughout. Bit of a one-off expense that will hopefully pay for itself over time.

Last pic of self with Mr Santos.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
removed linked images to another forum
  • Like 5

barryneves
Posted
Posted

Just an update. Project complete and have now moved in. All good - no glitches. Delighted with the outcome!

• Like 4

Ynot
Posted
Posted

I would like to thank Stevewool for his contribution, I think you got a great deal with your house, overall its in excess of 100 sqm in area for close on 1 million which equates to 10,000 peso a metre - bargain and its multistory.  I myself prefer single story, not getting any younger but the fact you can build what you did for 1 million gives me great hope. 

Now although I said my budget was a max of 1.5 million, others budgets maybe higher so if you have plans or pics of your house and it cost 10 million still post it, although its above my planned spend, someone else may be interested in that.

And yes I know the risks, I've already lost one house (Thailand) but I am welcome to go there anytime.   And as I said Im building it for the one I love and I can afford to lose the 1.5 million if our relationship ended, but Im hoping the relationship lasts the test of time.  

I agree only spend what you can afford to lose.  

Thanks again for everyones contribution and lets try to remain positive.  

As  a matter of interest, for those of you who say rent only, and you are living with the one you love (or claim to love), if the relationship ends or you pass away have you made provision for her?   For those of us who have had failed marriages before in our home country, at least if your loved one  had a house in the Philippines, your previous family would find it difficult to lay claim to that from our home countries.  Just a thought, its about making provisions to for life after you.  Families are funny when it comes to money, no matter where you are.

• Like 2

Ynot
Posted
Posted

Barryneves, 

Thank you for being so generous with your explanation and pics much appreciated.  As a matter of interest how much did your house cost in the end? 

barryneves
Posted
Posted

Hi Ynot! PM sent!

robert k
Posted
Posted

Well Dave, what I outlined like I would want there would be a shower room....a CR and lav room....and a full master bath with shower /CR/lav. I hope to god I would at least have one toilet with a dry floor but I take your meaning.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I can't even recall the last time i used the western 'dry bathroom floor' method here for serious business. Just goes to show what living here long term does to a man's life-long habits and norms. When in Rome.....

You mean throw Christians to the lions? That's what I always think of when people say When In Rome....