Beet Root

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

:56da64af91f92_23_11_602:All good, but can you buy them with the tops, the best part when saute'd lightly in olive oil with garlic.

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
On 13 March 2016 at 5:54 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

It's not pickled on a hamburger it's sliced beetroot usually from a can. Years ago all the shops that sold hamburgers had it but you won't find many now that do. I have not had it with beetroot for years but strangely enough it is quite nice. 

Aussie-Beef-Burgers.png

Its still pickled or preserved in vinegar. Had tens of burgers in Australia and most of them came with that horrible vinegar trenched beetroot. Just ruined the burger in my opinion. Now a slice of fresh boiled beetroot between the burger...Yum.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

The first time I had an Aussie Burger with beetroot was in a Texas restaurant (albeit in Beijing). The second time was in Harley's on Baloy Long Beach. Rather got a taste for them: must look out for beetroot here.

Pickled beetroot was a teatime staple at my grandmother's. Together with lettuce from the garden, Smith's crisps and homemade cake. :56da64af91f92_23_11_602:

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Beetroot, I like it, especially pickled. Very versatile. Never had it on a burger but it's hard to beat with corned beef in fresh crusty bread and butter....manna!

• Like 1