Are you really with the one you love

stevewool
Posted
Posted
On 16/03/2016 at 11:26 AM, Ynot said:

How many of you can say you are good friends with your ex???

I am on very good terms with the ex, she is the mother of my adopted children who came to live with me when we broke up,

Yes at the time it was very very hard, but you grow up and time does heal

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, stevewool said:

I am on very good terms with the ex...

Me too... well with my ex - not yours ha ha

When she left, but before the divorce was final, she and her boyfriend lost their jobs. So... I had no option but to let them both move in with me and the kids.  What else was I going to do - let their mom move in under a bridge?  We still celebrated our birthdays together (when I lived in the US). Our birthdays are 1 day apart and we have had joint celebrations since we were in high school. I still call my mother-in-law my mother-in-law. I have been friends with all 3 of her other husbands.  She and my wife are friends. 

Do some people actually hold a grudge?  You shouldn't. Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and waiting for the other guy to die...  :tiphat:

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

For those that are not really happy.

A Thought from many years ago;

This should remind us of a famous quote from Greek philosopher Socrates: “He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have.”

Ring any Bells anyone.

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Me too... well with my ex - not yours ha ha

When she left, but before the divorce was final, she and her boyfriend lost their jobs. So... I had no option but to let them both move in with me and the kids.  What else was I going to do - let their mom move in under a bridge?  We still celebrated our birthdays together (when I lived in the US). Our birthdays are 1 day apart and we have had joint celebrations since we were in high school. I still call my mother-in-law my mother-in-law. I have been friends with all 3 of her other husbands.  She and my wife are friends. 

Do some people actually hold a grudge?  You shouldn't. Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and waiting for the other guy to die...  :tiphat:

Thanks for sharing that Tim, it's the first time I've met a saint! :cheersty:

• Like 3

Ynot
Posted
Posted
On 3/17/2016 at 0:16 PM, Gerald Glatt said:

You may use my tried and proven method...........Buy high sell low.  Repeat until broke.     Free  advise and well worth the price.  Heck if you follow it you couldn't afford to pay me........Unless you were a government. 

I think we went to the same school of finance, I've got that down pat too (buying high selling low)!

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I am the real expert on buying high and selling low.

Am I with the one I love? Yes.

Is she? 

• Like 3

bows00
Posted
Posted

Bottom line here, is what is love?  And it took me a very long time to finally figure this out.  Love, to me, is not  a feeling... that is what Hollywood teaches you.  After going through countless relationships, I finally understand now that love is a "verb".  An action.   An action based on personal choice.  I choose to listen to you... I choose to put you first... I choose to ensure your financial future... Love the feeling, is what comes after you take those actions.

There really is no difference when it comes to loving your partner, and loving your God... take the action out of personal choice, and the feeling will follow... 

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 3/14/2016 at 6:40 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I sense a certain romanticism in your ideal of being "in love" that is commonly found in many younger males who have not yet learned that being "in love" with someone is not a guarantee of relationship success.  It is not wise to go grocery shopping while hungry or house hunting while "in love".

It is all well and good to provide for her when you are gone, but never forget that she may go first so be sure you are always going to be financially secure, whatever happens to your relationship.  There are people who are "in love" and "fully committed" who jump off balconies at SM Mall because they found out the the one they love is no longer in love with them.

You stole my thunder and thoughts on this post.  Whilst I do not agree totally with YNot, he raises some interesting discussion points.

So far as having things in 'our' name, the hand we are dealt with Phillipine and also Thailand indeed pretty much most of Asia.  I doubt any of the guys would like to be left out in the cold if there was a marriage hiccup.  Given most of us have been hit by a baseball bat in our respective countries.  Any property we may purchase when we live in Phls will be in my name, with a will leaving it all to my SO. It is also a precaution in case Lazy Phils ex comes along and wants half from her.  That has nothing to do with my lack of love and trust for my wife - it is called common sense.

robert k
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, mogo51 said:

You stole my thunder and thoughts on this post.  Whilst I do not agree totally with YNot, he raises some interesting discussion points.

So far as having things in 'our' name, the hand we are dealt with Phillipine and also Thailand indeed pretty much most of Asia.  I doubt any of the guys would like to be left out in the cold if there was a marriage hiccup.  Given most of us have been hit by a baseball bat in our respective countries.  Any property we may purchase when we live in Phls will be in my name, with a will leaving it all to my SO. It is also a precaution in case Lazy Phils ex comes along and wants half from her.  That has nothing to do with my lack of love and trust for my wife - it is called common sense.

Mogo, I don't know how you are going to put the property in your name and I'm not asking how. Someone will be breaking the law if they do it. Not that I haven't heard of it done, nor have I heard of any draconian punishments meted out to parties involved. I make it as my personal policy to comply with the laws of the land.

In the US it is easy to be a rational anarchist which means that I agree that man is an imperfect animal and that there should be some laws. This said, I invite people to make all the laws they think they need and I for my part will obey all the laws I agree with.:thumbsup: This doesn't work as well outside the USA unfortunately although it may apply in the Philippines on a case by case basis.

• Like 2