Has anyone tasted binignet?

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

AH! AH! OK now I know what you mean Aghhhhhhhhhhh ORRIBLE!  Bad Taste ( angry baby).jpg

Which one Jack? The binignet or the fish soup?:)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Queenie O. said:

Which one Jack? The binignet or the fish soup?:)

Both, Just can't get on with some things here :56da632e94212_1(60):

chris49
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Rapsa.....masarap all of them. Naimas as we say in Ilocano.

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

I actually like it a lot. If anyone has ever had a Swedish fruit soup, it tastes something like that. Even when sugar is added to it you'd think it would be overly sweet, but it isn't. Probably due to the rather bland root vegetables.

Only if too much tapioca is added it could get kind of gloppy or thick..

chris49
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

I actually like it a lot. If anyone has ever had a Swedish fruit soup, it tastes something like that. Even when sugar is added to it you'd think it would be overly sweet, but it isn't. Probably due to the rather bland root vegetables.

Only if too much tapioca is added it could get kind of gloppy or thick..

Hold that for a minute.

Gina just served me a home made halo halo, the original kind, putting our new electric ice shaver to work. Similar ingredients, different recipe.

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Oh I see..:)  I think you either like a coconut milk recipe or you don't.. It is kind of an acquired taste for some.

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, chris49 said:

Hold that for a minute.

Gina just served me a home made halo halo, the original kind, putting our new electric ice shaver to work. Similar ingredients, different recipe.

Both of those recipes, although different are called halo-halo, or translated in English to mix-mix. They both have a lot of ingredients mixed together in the recipe:)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Queenie O. said:

Oh I see..:)  I think you either like a coconut milk recipe or you don't.. It is kind of an acquired taste for some.

Same with Fish with me, all the years I have been here and still not acquired a taste for either Coconut Milk of Fish. It what it is and I am  who I am and like to look after my Digestion, which can be iffy if I am not careful.   Ahhhh! Such is life :56da632e94212_1(60):

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, chris49 said:

It is known as ginataan here in the north....served warm with all those items, in a coconut and sweet milky soup. Yes quite good, but a bit high in calories, they must add sugar to get it sweet.

And oh so very filling too.  Here in Toronto, it is available in a number of Filipino take-out places.  I think it is meant to be for merienda, but my wife will find space to have it as dessert.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

My wife makes it but leaves out the jackfruit (I don't think I would allow that smell in my house ha ha).  I pick around the bananas, they are the thick plantain like bananas. I don't like them either... ok... it is not one of my favorites ha ha. I would rather have mango float! ...or dirty ice cream.