Senior Citizens Discounts

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

most places its no senior ID card no Discount !!

even the buses are getting strict regarding this.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think that many members are focusing on 'the law' while I see it as a human dignity that seniors are seniors no matter their citizenship.  Thus I follow the law and do not even apply for a senior citizen card but expect some common courtesy extended towards seniors such as:

One of the biggest companies in the world, who offer senior discounts all over the world, should not discriminate against me.

Businesses everywhere should give preference to older people so that they don't have to stand in line so long.

The self proclaimed 'biggest mall in the world' at SM Seaside, Talisay, should have a few benches for seniors to sit on so a guy does not have to sit on the floor to tie his shoes.

I am not looking for discounts from Mom and Pop operations.  I notice that the longer an expat actually lives here, the more he notices discrimination against foreigners, and particularly retired foreigners on a tight budget.  I expect that discrimination to get worse in time, not better.  I respect the guy in the video for standing up for his beliefs, even though its not the way I would do it.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Sander Martin said:

Its not Micky Ds rules that you need to be a citizen, but the goverments.

I have never seen a law that says McDonalds is not allowed to give seniors discounts to foreigners.  Have you?