Senior Citizens Discounts

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Nope and if I may add only a Filipino Citizen can demand the Discount for us (The Foreigner) it would be at the discretion of the Company/Manager who they will and will not give a Discount.

Someone commented that McD gives a discount all over the world, so I tried to look that fact up.

Inside the USA: " Discount Restrictions: Not all restaurants participate in this discount offer. Some seniors report that discounts are available to dine-in (as opposed to drive-through) customers only."  I could not find about other countries.  Anyone know?

The discount, by law, in the Philippines is required.  In the USA there is no such requirement.  Even the age someone becomes a Senior varies from 50 to 65 years old depending on who you are dealing with.

Edited by GregZ
Added content.
  • Like 5

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

McDo's could offer their own discount. If you want that then you had best approach the store owner and discuss it.  The individual manager generally will not have the authority for that (and would likely have to pay it out of his own pocket).  This foreigner was demanding the Filipino senior's discount. Which is not his to ask for.  Again, that would need to go to the lawmakers, not the store manager.

Most places I go do offer seniors head of the line, along with persons with disabilities, and pregnant women.  They do not have to, but they choose to. I appreciate it.

I am not against discounts - but to demand one just for your age simply does not make sense.

• Like 5

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

If he didn't have a SC he is not entitled to a discount and if only locals can avail themselves to a discount card I can't see why he should even ask. If I went to the US as a visitor would I get a Seniors discount, I am sure I wouldn't and I would not even ask. Geez how much did he save himself 15 or 20 pesos and for that he has berated the manager who I am sure has absolutely no control over this issue, it would be company policy. I see these expats behave like this and then they wonder why some are not held in the highest regard by the locals. Now that manager will remember this guy and in the future it won't matter if another 100 expats come in and are nice to him, he will always remember this guy. I also wonder if this guy has a relative that abused the drive through at the McD's that was posted not so long ago. We have a word in AUS for guys like this but I won't post it I will probably get banned:whistling:

• Like 3

DavidK
Posted
Posted

My aged non-Filipino friends here in Cebu ask for and nearly always get the SC discount. Haven't investigated on what grounds or what proof of age cards they're using as I don't qualify (yet) so am not that interested. 

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, RBM said:

There are without doubt some people whom are just not suited for living here.

:hystery: Yes,  that would be me. I am not suited for living the rest of my life here but I'll stay until my wife is ready to leave. I tolerate, endure, and adjust to the differences.

I do not complain to other Filipinos whether they be neighbors or employees of any place I go to shop. 

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, frosty (chris) said:

If he didn't have a SC he is not entitled to a discount and if only locals can avail themselves to a discount card I can't see why he should even ask. If I went to the US as a visitor would I get a Seniors discount, I am sure I wouldn't and I would not even ask. Geez how much did he save himself 15 or 20 pesos and for that he has berated the manager who I am sure has absolutely no control over this issue, it would be company policy. I see these expats behave like this and then they wonder why some are not held in the highest regard by the locals. Now that manager will remember this guy and in the future it won't matter if another 100 expats come in and are nice to him, he will always remember this guy. I also wonder if this guy has a relative that abused the drive through at the McD's that was posted not so long ago. We have a word in AUS for guys like this but I won't post it I will probably get banned:whistling:

Chris not knowing how often you visit Dumaguete we should appreciate this city as being, well, kinda different. Although not living there I am there regularly and have observed the difference.

For what ever reason the city seems to attract a high percentage of what one could only describe as undesirable expats. Grumpy (as per video) and such a lot of older scruffy expats dressing and acting like teenagers. Many riding, or trying to ride Harley's.  My guess is a large number are drunkards as can be seen from walking the boulevard.

Such people as you post touched on unfortunately reflect on us all. This experience I have endured after the last video about two expats fighting, could even of been outside same Macdonalds....

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

The guy carried on like a right Wally and has no basis for his argument.  As rightly said in a previous post, if he wants a discount go back to the States.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

All I can say is that if you really really want the senior discount and it's that important to you, then all you have to do is turn in your young wife for an old one.:whistling::smile:

Let's not get carried away ha ha  :cheersty:

• Like 4