Middle age spread

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I woke up this morning and while having a shave i noticed that my chisel like chin has gone its more like a poach hanging there now, so where they hell did that come from, 

Ok i know i have put a few pounds on over the winter months but seeing this double chin sharing back at me , i realize i am a fatty,

Am i content you bet i am would i like to lose a few pounds too indeed i would, but try telling Ems not to put to much on my plate well thats hard, and what is on my plate i will always eat,

Is It hard to lose the weight when you become a certain age or am i just kidding myself i am a lazy git

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

I think you will be fine Steve since your interest is photography. I don't know anyone who can take really good pictures from a vehicle and I expect you will walk quite a bit. I also noticed that food I ate in the Philippines, bread aside which had sugar, not all foods are fortified this and enriched that as they are in the US and I presume the UK. The heat also puts some people off their feed, not me, but some people.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, stevewool said:

I woke up this morning and while having a shave i noticed that my chisel like chin has gone its more like a poach hanging there now, so where they hell did that come from, 

Ok i know i have put a few pounds on over the winter months but seeing this double chin sharing back at me , i realize i am a fatty,

Am i content you bet i am would i like to lose a few pounds too indeed i would, but try telling Ems not to put to much on my plate well thats hard, and what is on my plate i will always eat,

Is It hard to lose the weight when you become a certain age or am i just kidding myself i am a lazy git

Great point of interest to all.  It always slightly bothered me when my wife served me what she considered a 'normal' inverted cup of rice. I know that she loves me and always wants to take good care of me, so I kept my trap shut and ate what she served up. Since I only eat a large breakfast and dinner, I sort of rationalized it away. Merienda is usually a small chunk of mongo bread. 

But I finally broached the subject, telling her that we have to pay more attention to portion control or risk putting on unneeded and unwanted extra weight. Filipinas strive to look sexy, which means keeping a small waist to hip ratio, so I appealed to her vanity. Seems to work. We now try to eat more local veggies than rice. She puts out more energy than me, so she usually sneaks in a decent merienda for herself , but I refuse. We do OK when apart since I then cook for myself and she switches over to a simpler local diet.    A good, loving wife will express it sometimes through great cooking, but you have to be careful that she doesn't love you to an early, inadvertent death out of misplaced generosity and the desire to please her man.  Happens to cherished dogs and doted upon children all the time. 

• Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Is it just me, or do others seem to put on less weight overall living here while in the tropics? It seems that just moving around or trying to stay cool, must lead to less water retention or more burning of calories? Maybe it's a more high fiber diet that can contribute too... Not a drastic difference, but a difference nonetheless.

• Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

do others seem to put on less weight overall

I find it easier to maintain a healthier weight here, but I put it down to eating less due to food not being as appetizing here.

Well, if native food doesn't always appeal, add that there are less meal choices in general also. I guess I meant that I do a little better in spite of chocolate and eating my own cooking:)

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have been here over 3 years and I am still just as fat as when I arrived.  My wife says I am fatter - but my clothes all fit exactly the same.  I am eating less than in the US, but since I no longer work I am also more sedentary.  So my weight has stayed the same.  Guess it is better than getting fatter.... :shades:

~Edit~ I just realized my hat is back ha ha  So now I can sign off properly. :tiphat:

Edited by Tukaram (Tim)
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

According to my Records My Doctor told me on Saturday that I have gained 2 Kilo in 4 years.

My waist is up to 36" from 34" so yep I am Growing in the Wrong Place. Now 184 lb:56da632e94212_1(60):

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Now 184 lb

Its all relative.  I am about 192 lb and at 6 foot 2 its not so bad.  Still pleasantly plump in the middle but I find that a few extra pounds around the middle is not bad at age 61.  Of course 'few' is the important word there.  I am happy between 188 and 192 lb.  More and I feel fat. Less and I start to wonder if its a medical problem.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Its all relative.  I am about 192 lb and at 6 foot 2 its not so bad.  Still pleasantly plump in the middle but I find that a few extra pounds around the middle is not bad at age 61.  Of course 'few' is the important word there.  I am happy between 188 and 192 lb.  More and I feel fat. Less and I start to wonder if its a medical problem.

At 6'2 your coffin will have to be specially made for you I think :whistling: Sorry back on subject. No matter how hard I tried this year I just cant seem to lose anything, cut back on sugar, dont really eat that much and even cut back on beer. Maybe that's the problem should keep the fluids up. :huh:

• Like 2