Middle age spread

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Its not just about cutting back on calories, JGF, you also have to increase the frequency of cardio type exercise and that is often done with the aid of a filipina.  Just wait until you can spend more time here and you will see what I mean. :nudie:

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

At 6'2 your coffin will have to be specially made for you I think :whistling: Sorry back on subject. No matter how hard I tried this year I just cant seem to lose anything, cut back on sugar, dont really eat that much and even cut back on beer. Maybe that's the problem should keep the fluids up. :huh:

Nah, they can just do what the Egyptians did and cut his legs off, it's a lot less work!:mocking:

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
Just now, Queenie O. said:

Is it just me, or do others seem to put on less weight overall living here while in the tropics? It seems that just moving around or trying to stay cool, must lead to less water retention or more burning of calories? Maybe it's a more high fiber diet that can contribute too... Not a drastic difference, but a difference nonetheless.

Yes, it is just you Queenie - dont seem to have the same problem.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Is it just me, or do others seem to put on less weight overall living here while in the tropics? It seems that just moving around or trying to stay cool, must lead to less water retention or more burning of calories? Maybe it's a more high fiber diet that can contribute too... Not a drastic difference, but a difference nonetheless.

I know since I have been here I have lost weight, seems to be the change in food and climate. Where as in my home country I would spend winter when not working eating lots of food I probably shouldn't have been and doing little exercise because of the cold and wet. Also the last few months my beer consumption has dropped remarkably but I do feel so much better. Just wish I could find a decent chocolate to munch on:bonk:

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, frosty (chris) said:

Just wish I could find a decent chocolate to munch on:bonk:

When we were there in November, we tried this Goya dark chocolate covered wafer bar (similar to KitKat, but dark chocolate).  I thought it was better than decent, and will buy more next time.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I know that after one reaches a certain age we seem to start gaining weight for no apparent reason. I'm no exception. I remember someone asking me why I grunt when I bend to tie my shoes. I never noticed it before til he mentioned it. I also remember going to the other hole in my belt. So, I'm not too concerned about the extra weight I've put on. I still eat the same ( twice a day) and walk every morning. I just do not have the energy that I once had. 

robert k
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

I know that after one reaches a certain age we seem to start gaining weight for no apparent reason. I'm no exception. I remember someone asking me why I grunt when I bend to tie my shoes. I never noticed it before til he mentioned it. I also remember going to the other hole in my belt. So, I'm not too concerned about the extra weight I've put on. I still eat the same ( twice a day) and walk every morning. I just do not have the energy that I once had. 

Ed, part of it is we don't produce as much testosterone as we once did. Many men who can afford it in the US get testosterone treatments. I read an article written by a guy in his late 40's who was a competitive swimmer who started the treatments because he wasn't competitive anymore. Without doing anything different from what he was already doing other than the testosterone replacement treatment he started gaining muscle mass and was competitive again. I think the treatment is expensive.

I don't want to sell anything but my sis-in-law took lipozine (sp) and lost weight having changed absolutely nothing about her eating habits, like icecream for dinner. She quit taking it and the weight came back though. I used to take Chiton and it works by bonding to fat in the food you eat and so it passes through you, you just take it before eating. Not selling anything, just stuff I have seen work in case anyone is interested.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, robert k said:

Ed, part of it is we don't produce as much testosterone as we once did. Many men who can afford it in the US get testosterone treatments. I read an article written by a guy in his late 40's who was a competitive swimmer who started the treatments because he wasn't competitive anymore. Without doing anything different from what he was already doing other than the testosterone replacement treatment he started gaining muscle mass and was competitive again. I think the treatment is expensive.

I don't want to sell anything but my sis-in-law took lipozine (sp) and lost weight having changed absolutely nothing about her eating habits, like icecream for dinner. She quit taking it and the weight came back though. I used to take Chiton and it works by bonding to fat in the food you eat and so it passes through you, you just take it before eating. Not selling anything, just stuff I have seen work in case anyone is interested.

I guess I'll just have to accept that getting old is a bytch.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I weighed 215 when I came here 2 1/2 years ago.  One year later I weighed 165.  Now at 170 or a little more.  I seem to eat less, walk more, and I think the foods I do eat are more healthy.  I am reminded of the weight loss each time I lift one of those big blue jugs of water.  Hard to believe that I was carrying around that same amount of extra weight, or even a little more, and it was all fat.  :sad:

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

I weighed 215 when I came here 2 1/2 years ago.  One year later I weighed 165.  Now at 170 or a little more.  I seem to eat less, walk more, and I think the foods I do eat are more healthy.  I am reminded of the weight loss each time I lift one of those big blue jugs of water.  Hard to believe that I was carrying around that same amount of extra weight, or even a little more, and it was all fat.  :sad:

I attribute a lot of it to not everything being "enriched" this and "fortified" that. Then too while I'm doing things, I think less about food than when I'm sitting on the couch watching tv.:thumbsup: