Sales ladies trying to sell you the most expensive things in store

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Sander Martin said:

Whats wrong with boiling them in hot water?

Are they plastic baby bottles?  You may find that many plastic bottles sold in Philippines melt in boiling water.  At least that was my experience.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I60 F ought to be hot enough and hopefully will keep the plastic bottles from melting. Frankly I would be worried that the plastic used wasn't food grade, I'm fairly certain that most clear water bottles aren't. To be safe I would probably use glass bottles.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Sander Martin said:

Whats wrong with boiling them in hot water? Kills the germs the same way as a sterilizer.

I was really pointing out that cleanliness is not 100% apparent here sometimes. :huh:

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

:morning1:Mom used to tell me that she put the nipples on Coke bottle because I would throw the empties over the crib.  Now if you padded the floor around the crib you could use San M bottles and not worry about sanitizing them. Just empty and use soon as alcohol will save all the wasted time and resources by self sanitizing.  You can even leave a bit in the jug if he is hard to put to sleep

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

:morning1:Mom used to tell me that she put the nipples on Coke bottle because I would throw the empties over the crib.  Now if you padded the floor around the crib you could use San M bottles and not worry about sanitizing them. Just empty and use soon as alcohol will save all the wasted time and resources by self sanitizing.  You can even leave a bit in the jug if he is hard to put to sleep

Works for me.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Service is an Oz Department store is non existent due to the 'high cost' of wages they claim.  But they forget they are getting high prices for their goods.  They keep making record profits but the service does not get any better.

I think overall, I would rather be annoyed a bit than trying to find a sales assistant all the time.

Thailand is the same, people standing everywhere but that does not necessarily mean they can help you, most have no product knowledge whatsoever.

• Like 2

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, robert k said:

I60 F ought to be hot enough and hopefully will keep the plastic bottles from melting. Frankly I would be worried that the plastic used wasn't food grade, I'm fairly certain that most clear water bottles aren't. To be safe I would probably use glass bottles.

AFAICR (it's 25 years since my youngest son was born in HK) it was recommended to boil bottles and teats (nipples) for ten minutes, after first washing with soap and water and thoroughly rinsing.

We used Milton sterilizing tablets instead. The sterilizing liquid can be reused multiple times for 24 hours and is much less hassle to use than boiling.

I agree that it would be best to buy glass bottles in the Philippines because one could never be sure of the material used in plastic bottles.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Yes, I have experienced the same back in the Philippines but mostly at SM department store. Never in Gaisano or Abreeza. 

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 4/23/2016 at 2:05 PM, Sander Martin said:

Just had a baby boy a week ago and we have been doing quite alot of baby shopping past months. Why does it allways seem to me that the sales ladies in SM etc are trying to sell us foregners the most expensive items they have.

Congrats on the birth of your son. Glad to hear mom and baby are doing fine.

• Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, earthdome said:

Congrats on the birth of your son. Glad to hear mom and baby are doing fine.

Thanks mate!

• Like 1