Sales ladies trying to sell you the most expensive things in store

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I have to say I dislike the sales staff in places like SM. I might be looking for a pair of socks and really don't need, nor appreciate, a salesperson or two even, helping but actually really not helping. And they always promote the more expensive items, making me feel like a cheapskate when I select the cheaper ones. Another bugbear is the time to queue up and pay...

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
On 24/04/2016 at 0:01 AM, mogo51 said:

HOw do rich people look Sander?haha.  I was thinking about dressing up and looking like one now and again, that is as close as I will get. Best wishes to your new family.

A bit hot for a suit and tie in Philippines Mogo, :smile:

Add my congratulations too Sander, good luck with the move to Europe

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Sorry back to Topic,

Yes everyone thinks your rich if your a foreigner, the most expensive shoes I have ever purchased was in the Philippines!

After hours of shopping for our forthcoming wedding, I was suckered into parting with a load of cash just to get out the shop.

• Like 4

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

I have to say I dislike the sales staff in places like SM. I might be looking for a pair of socks and really don't need, nor appreciate, a salesperson or two even, helping but actually really not helping. And they always promote the more expensive items, making me feel like a cheapskate when I select the cheaper ones. Another bugbear is the time to queue up and pay...

I know how you feel. I have just started to ignore them. When they welcome me with Hello Sir, i reply with Hello Ma'am/sir and ignore them after that. Ill find them again if i need any help. Most of them understand that i just want to browse around, but theres allways a few that keep following you and "reccommending" items. I just politely tell them that thank you, but i dont need any help. 

Annoying yes, but i guess its their job.

Im happy hunting for help in Europe and Australia when i need it. I prefer that over being harrassed into buying things, like its here or Thailand. I just want to browse around the shop in peace.. You cant even go between the shelves in SM or Robinsons here without them trying to sell you something ??.

Thanks John. Just under a month now before we fly out of Manila..

Edited by Sander Martin

skyskyper
Posted
Posted
On 4/23/2016 at 10:05 PM, Sander Martin said:

Why does it allways seem to me that the sales ladies in SM etc are trying to sell us foregners the most expensive items they have.

This also happens to me. I think this is their sales strategy for everybody.

skyskyper
Posted
Posted

Congrats, Sander!

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

If they are sales ladys you can probably make them peel off by asking where the CR is?

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Here in Thailand, they just stand around in groups and look at you, could not care less. If they do speak to you, they no kaujai English.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Here in Thailand, they just stand around in groups and look at you, could not care less. If they do speak to you, they no kaujai English.

The Big Robinsons department Store can be a little like that especially if it is near the Shift end or near Closing time, You can get more sense from the Security guard at times and I am not normally a moaner on Shops But....................

• Like 2