Your wife/SO/girlfriend and alcohol

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Does she drink? Will she allow you to drink?

My fiance Anne barely drinks and she hates to see me drink. For her 1 San Mig Apple makes her tipsy and another makes her drunk. Being from the Northern side of Europe i like my booz. She hates my drinking. I'm never ever violent. I'm 29years old and I haven't been in a fight ever (im a big 100kg and 185cm giant, but even tho i know how to defend myself, i have allways prefered to talk myself out of fights - has worked so far). Anyone that knows me, knows that i will say what i think (more so when im drunk)...

My body weight loves her Bossyness tho - i have lost weight (mostly gained from booz)..

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

You are lucky.  I have had some filipina SO's who keep right up with me on the drinking and then we argue.  I have had some who let me do my own thing (have a few drinks with buddies) and then they go do their own thing (as in meet up with their 'classmates').  And I have had some who complain when I go for a drink but they feel they can go get sh&t faced and party whenever they want.  The ones I have not had, are ladies who will enjoy watching me have a drink, remain clear headed and sober, and just be happy for me that I am enjoying myself.  I think they do not exist.

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I like to drink, but not get drunk.  She does not mind if I have a few drinks.  Most of the stuff here is pretty lightweight, so you can drink more.  Her mom was an alcoholic (which lead to an early death), so it took a while for Melane to see that I can drink - with control.  So no worries now.

My wife and her female cousins will split one Tanduay Ice 3 ways ha ha. 

I have turned her on to hot toddy's if she cannot sleep, though.  :tiphat:

• Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Feels like you have had a time of your life Dave :D.

• Like 1

Larry45
Posted
Posted

I discussed this with wife while we were dating...that I enjoy having a drink now and then.  She said it's OK as long as there is no trouble.  Can't really say there has been no trouble, but it's less trouble than her friends get from their drunk filipino husbands, so she doesn't mind much.  She rarely drinks, but she knows I'm probably happiest these days with a beer in my hand, so she's one of those rare ones that can watch and be happy for me.

On a lighter note, I've been doing most of my beer drinking at home lately, but my 4 year old daughter is picking up on this.  We were quizzing her recently and asked her what was Mommy's job..she said teacher.  "And what is Daddy's job?"    Her response......   "Beer!"   :smile:  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted

Never been a topic since I am a failed Viking when it comes to drinking, it makes me tired straight away and night is over before it started. I do fizzy orange fanta like drinks or moren often, coffee.

I asked her at some point if she preferred beer or wine, she said wine. At a later point she corrected that and said, no, not wine, but beer. Finally, we concluded, she does not drink neither, but coke. :)

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

My wife is ok with my drinking ( max 2 SM apple beers or Smirnoffs ) I have a bottle of cherry brandy in the fridge been there since march and still

only half empty !

we have a cousin opposite who will have a drinking party if his dog crosses the road or if its a sunny day !:popcorn:

I will go over for birthdays etc last time we had friends from the UK with us and I lost count of the botts of SM light and glasses of fundador we had !

and as for the lambanog ! its everywhere !

I bought a bottle from Robinsons but the little woman poured it down the sink !

" your not drinking that poison she says ! " shows she loves me !

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Been clean and sober for 34.5 years now. Myrlita doesn't drink either. Works for us.

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

Gina doesn't drink.

I am currently on a few beers a week in this hot season.  It is tempting to have a really cold one if available, but the way things are here, they are not always available. I don't drink at home.

A Filipina who drinks and enjoys a few rounds with the boys would worry me. Girls who have worked in bars have tended  to pick up some bad habits, so I'm wary of that.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 5/10/2016 at 4:39 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

You are lucky.  I have had some filipina SO's who keep right up with me on the drinking and then we argue.  I have had some who let me do my own thing (have a few drinks with buddies) and then they go do their own thing (as in meet up with their 'classmates').  And I have had some who complain when I go for a drink but they feel they can go get sh&t faced and party whenever they want.  The ones I have not had, are ladies who will enjoy watching me have a drink, remain clear headed and sober, and just be happy for me that I am enjoying myself.  I think they do not exist.

Yes they do Dave, I have one.  I love a scotch, occasional beer, SO never says anything except sometimes she will pick up the glass and say 'finished darling'.  I usually say yes, but sometimes I have another for the road.

• Like 5