Your wife/SO/girlfriend and alcohol

canadamale
Posted
Posted

when I am in the Philippines I will most always keep a few beers in the fridge. My first gf here did not like me too drink and did not drink herself. Well actually, once  we went to a comedy club in Manila and she seemed to have no trouble quaffing a few. So maybe it was only with me she didn't drink.  My current gf and I have been together over 2 years now. She does not mind if I drink, although I usually keep it to max 3 beers. Unless the brothers are over then a bottle of tanduay seems to disappear . Cannot say I like this drink and usually drink it with a little water, too sweet for me. The brothers like to mix it with grape koolaid. I only drink it when they buy it. If I am buying,  at home,it is usally Red Horse if we are out and about  San Mig light.   I have seen the gf split a cooler with her friends and a few hours later it is still half there. When she sees the beer in the fridge gone she has actually gone to the store and brought some back for me, got to love this girl. 

• Like 5

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

A picture is worth a thousand words...

image.jpeg

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Emma does not drink that much at all, infact i dont too,  give me a cup of tea anyday

I have noticed here in England when there is a house party with other Filipinos  well they all like to drink the red and white wine  and lots of it too, but no sipping it just open the mouth and its gone in one gulp

afathertobe
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've also observed that many filipinas seem to think of drinking as some sort of vice that men just indulge in. Here in China it's much more accepted to drink, and there's no stigma attached to it at all. 

Edited by afathertobe

DavidK
Posted
Posted

The Filipinas I know are more than happy to drink, especially if I'm paying. A number of them have a capacity well in excess of mine and whilst I'm not up to the standards of my youth I can still put away a fair few. :7500:

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

My 21 year old merchant seaman son was unwise enough to try matching his stepmother in drinking Red Horse... 

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Methersgate said:

My 21 year old merchant seaman son was unwise enough to try matching his stepmother in drinking Red Horse... 

:hystery: Silly Billy

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
On 6/15/2016 at 3:49 PM, afathertobe said:

I've also observed that many filipinas seem to think of drinking as some sort of vice that men just indulge in. Here in China it's much more accepted to drink, and there's no stigma attached to it at all. 

I agree with you about the filipinas attitude towards drinking, I am an ex-navy man and over the years have had my fair share of the demon drink, so I was surprised the other night when the gf came in while I was cooking dinner and said "drunk again", as I was on my fourth stubbie of San Miguel Pils, so I had another couple of beers and then opened a bottle of wine to have with dinner. I don't understand their thinking, because by self admission my gf used to drink but now doesn't.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

I don't understand their thinking, because by self admission my gf used to drink but now doesn't.

The reformed are the worst, just like the Reformed Smokers

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I don`t think it is just Filipinas who frown on drink I have seen it many other places as well. I don`t think they get the concept of a man going to a pub and talking to other people whilst having a beer.Queer thing these women(some of them Queenee ok)

• Like 3