Your wife/SO/girlfriend and alcohol

virginprune
Posted
Posted
On 10 May 2016 at 5:39 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

The ones I have not had, are ladies who will enjoy watching me have a drink, remain clear headed and sober, and just be happy for me that I am enjoying myself.  I think they do not exist.

Yes they do.

• Like 3

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
On 10/05/2016 at 7:39 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I think they do not exist.

Yes they do, sometimes I go for a beer at my local sorry store, if my good filipino friend is there we usually get into a session, maybe 6-8 beers each, my girl chats with the lady owner who is also a friend, when I start talking left handed I know it's time to go. I occasionally go and watch the Aussie footy, she is not a bar person so I go alone have a few beers, a feed, watch the footy no problems, never keep any beer at home, so never a problem there. We have been together over 2 years now and I think in all that time she has had 1 drink.

• Like 3

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Last time I gave my wife a drink she was drunk on about 100 ml of pilsen. Talking rubbish and going to bed early.Cheap date really.

That is roughly three bottles. I understand her, completely :morning1::smile:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Wife never drinks and would rather I didn't drink at all. I'm like Dave never met a Filipina who likes to watch her husband or BF have a few.

I seldom drink a beer when I do get a good buzz on one pint so I just don't feel like drinking any more.

I truly enjoy a cold beer now and then but I have so low tolerance, it's very annoying. 

Next time I visit there perhaps some of you guys could give me drinking "lessons"? :7500:

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Next time I visit there perhaps some of you guys could give me drinking "lessons"? :7500:

I was given lessons on my 30:th birthday, in a nice summer warm Stockholm night.

I learned my lesson.

:shades:

• Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

It seems like your average Filipina doesn't drink at all here. We have a Sari Sari "bar" on the other side of the road from us. I think i have only seen one female there.

She has banned me drinking there and I'm ok with that. I dont want to be killed because of my big mouth after a few redhorses. I have my drinks at home with the overseas worker sister in law and her friends or at a pub with other foreigners (not often as I barely know anyone in Iloilo).

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I just drink a glass of wine occasionally with my dinner. No beer or any other alcoholic drinks. I did buy a jug of TOOBA once out of curiosity. I think it cost about 50 Pesos. It looked like a gallon jug. It was like drinking alcoholic vinegar. I took  a sip and that was enough. I gave the rest of it to my neighbor. 

I have a " Jack of all trades"  that does work for me back in Davao and if the job lasts til evening, I'll buy him and any workers with him a cold beer after finishing. My wife doesn't drink at all. 

Coffee is my choice. 

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

K drinks like I do. If I adjust for body weight her ability to hold her drink is the same as mine.

davewe
Posted
Posted

I am a cheap drunk which works on several levels. I mean one San Miguel is enough for me; 2 would literally be my max - maybe at a party. Consequently I never am capable of getting drunk.

My wife rarely drinks but likes a half glass of wine with dinner sometimes. Her birthday is coming up and we will have a party, which might mean she might drink enough wine to get a buzz.

Because I can't drink much there is never an issue over it with Janet. However last month when I was in Dumaguete, I met JP, Kevin and Dave for lunch. I had my standard one San Mig. Somehow I felt like I wasn't keeping up my end of the drinking, so I had a 2nd :)

When Janet saw me her first question was, "how many beers did you have?"

• Like 3