Eating habits.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I love the Philippine's sea salt and also Thai for that matter, but Phils is best.

I am just wondering, is it the salt that is the trouble or the iodonisation? that is the  problem.  I have been led to believe it is the processing that causes the trouble and sea salt is ok???

Won't stop me using it though, but just curious.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, mogo51 said:

I love the Philippine's sea salt and also Thai for that matter, but Phils is best.

I am just wondering, is it the salt that is the trouble or the iodonisation? that is the  problem.  I have been led to believe it is the processing that causes the trouble and sea salt is ok???

Won't stop me using it though, but just curious.

Iodine does not occur naturally in salt. Iodine is added to make iodized salt. The iodine is added as a supplement to ensure people get enough iodine in their diet. If you don't get enough iodine it causes health problems. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iodine_deficiency

At one point the US city I lived in sent ton's of iodized salt to a russian city which did not have iodized salt and many health problems related to iodine deficiency.

So iodization is a good thing.

• Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

It's the ammount of sodium(salt) that you consume..

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the information.  I do find iodised salt has very poor taste compared to natural sea salt.  All my medical tests do not show any lack of iodine. I thought that was needed more by pregnant women?  Although I have a fat gut, I am not pregnant, despite what my SO constantly  tells me.

So  at what point is salt excessive?