Male Gays In The Filipino Family Structure

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

What happens in early life in the family?

I saw a boy sitting on his mom's lap in a restaurant two days ago.  He was playing video games on a cell phone and doing rather well at it for an apparent 3 year old.  His mother was spoon feeding him , being careful not to interfere with his hand-eye co-ordination as he played.  Whenever she fed him too fast, or too much, he would give her a snarl and a grunt, and she would back off with the spoon.  Yvonne says: Look how much she loves her son.  I said she is spoiling him rotten.  Thats what happens in early life in the family here.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

I have a lesbian in the family and a younger second cousin who says he's not gay, he just likes the lifestyle. I have lesbian friends, they have a cute daughter. They did not go to a fertility clinic $$. Being gay or lesbian I believe does not preclude a desire to procreate, don't most of them who gather attention have children?

As for formative years of a young Filipino male who may be effeminate or gay, I wonder how often there is a missing biological father?

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

This would mean that Bruce led a life of lies for decades until he came out of the closet, or that he is leading a life of lies now.  Or it could mean that people are not born that way but nurtured that way, as in the Kardacians stripped every last ounce of manhood away from the poor guy.

Yes, I believe he has said he always felt like he was a woman trapped in a man's body, even at a young age.  In the U.S., especially as a manly athlete, he stayed in the closet.  Fame and wealth allowed him to come out in the radical way he did.

However, what is the Filipino angle?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Fame and wealth allowed him to come out in the radical way he did.

However, what is the Filipino angle?

Simple, they see it and copy it.  When they see people like that coming out in a radical way and they see lots of TV celebrities who are obviously gay then they seem to think they can copy the lifestyle and be equally famous and wealthy.

Back to BJ for a while (Bruce Jenner), if he was lying all his life (he says) then what makes you think he isn't lying now?  Maybe he is also an attention seeking publicity hound.  I mean, I had never heard of him until he "came out" so I perceive it as a publicity stunt and it seems to be working.  I never watched Kardacians until the BJ controversy so their ratings went up by at least a little but when BJ came out.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well, Further to my Posts can I say this please, Whether we like it or Not, Admit it or not, All we men have a feminine Streak, usually brought out more in Fathers aimed at our Children. In some it is Stronger than in others. Sometimes we just don't use it or just ignore/deny it but it is there.

I was talking to my gay (Lesbian) Sister [She hates the word gay] earlier and this Topic came up, She prompted me about things she has told me before. Not all feminine men are gay as not all Butch Women are Lesbians. This was my meaning of how do we perceive a Gay Man. Putting all gay men ( as we see it on the Street) in the same Pigeon hole can be so wrong.

Anyway to add to my Comments and Thoughts on this I offer a Link (Which has been OK'd with JGF) This may help to Segregate the two and thus put an Important slant on things so we don't "Judge the Book by it's cover"

http://thoughtcatalog.com/james-hunt/2015/05/confessions-of-a-feminine-straight-guy/

Yes! The Flamboyant/Camp Men are out there in force but as I said Not all are "GAY" To Understand it we have to understand some of it and I hope this link will help.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

(read that as 'bi' or undecided

Just to hijack this topic for a minute, the other day in the admin panel I was playing with an acronym expansion setting. If you put your cursor over BI you will see I never thought about anything else.

Now back to your regular viewing.  :tiphat:

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

This might be a sensitive topic so I will choose my words carefully, and I ask that you also choose your words carefully.

Here in the Philippines I have observed that the gay culture is much more “out” than back in the U.S.A. or even in Germany where I lived for 4 years.  And, I observed that this seems to apply more to male gays than females.  I notice a lot of lesbians here, but they tend to blend in more.  The same back in the U.S.A;  I found lesbians, for the most part, preferred to blend in.

Here in the Subic / Olongapo area, there are many male gays.  Sometimes I have to sit in the car waiting for my wife, and I just people watch.  There seems to be a really high percentage of male gays, who are easily recognized by their dress and mannerisms.  I even see boys as young as 7-8-9-10 who appear to have accepted their gay sexuality at a young age.

Many years ago in the U.S.,  I have heard figures tossed around (usually by the gay community) that 10% of the general population is gay, and I could never accept that.  Way to high.  Maybe 1%, I thought.  However, here in PH, 10% seems entirely possible.  Even more??

I believe that most gay people are born with these tendencies.  Some may try desperately to hide it, while others come out.  I also believe that some humans fall into the gay lifestyle when they are not really gay to start with.  However, they are usually in the “borderline” category.  
Coming out depends heavily on the society they live in.  In the U.S., grade school age kids try to fit in to avoid bullying, harassment, etc.  Here in the Philippines, gays are much more readily accepted, so more or most are “out”.

So here is my main question and it is more about male gays than female gays.  Here in the Philippines, how are the male gays perceived in the family structure when they are young and maturing?  Are they readily accepted and encouraged at a young age?  Are they outcasts?  Something in between?  If their grade school boy begins to walk and act like girl, how does the family react?  No problem, just accept it?  Is there something in the Filipino family culture that results in more male gays?  I know we have had some discussions on males being “babied” in the Filipino family, so I thought there may be some relationship there.

My wife’s family does not have any gays that I know of, so I have no insight there.  I’m sure many of you have some experiences to share from either your Filipino families or elsewhere.

Inquiring minds want to know.  I am just curious because I see so many male gays here, and when older, they are readily accepted by society, although I think as more of a second class citizen, usually.  There are of course many exceptions to that, with many gays very successful.

Sure, I know a few cases. Gay and transgender.

A high level of acceptance at home in the Filipino family structure. They are highly trusted as caregivers or companion to younger children.  If not working in the hairdressing/salon industry or perhaps in nursing or in a call center, the general employment opportunities might be a a bit low. Quite a few stay home.

As far as roaming in malls, usually well dressed, full makeup etc, I think it's a sort of game. I have been caught out a few times. If you don't pick them as gay and you might be oogling them, it's a win for them. Nothing more than that. I actually had a cup of coffee with one such.....another story, won't tell it now,

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Inquiring minds want to know.  I am just curious

Now where is Jake when you need him?:whistling:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, intrepid said: