Lets talk about Budgets SHE said!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

How can they budget their time, when they can't keep appointed time?

Thumbs up Fonz..jpg

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Budget ?:571c66d400c8c_1(103): we both have our UK pensions and she has her own GSIS Pension.

we budget only for the monthly  bills Car payment-Meralco-Pldt etc.

and the rest goes on food and whatever it takes " for that little smile " pot plants-on going ext building work etc

she has discovered Japanese surplus stores now ! ( Bl**dy silly idea of mine to tell her about them ):571b119686cf7_1(72):

and what is it with Filpinos and Umbrellas handbags and flip flops ?

went to Festival Mall last week as she wanted to buy Happy Feet shoes but none available !

but we still bought 6 pairs of flip flops and 2 pairs of Trainers !!

still I did manage to buy a bottle of southern comfort and some strong decent cheese !

going back again Thursday to buy 3 bottles of southern comfort 2 for me and 1 for a cousins 60th birthday gift on saturday.

overall without building work we save on average 20,000php a month

she keeps a book for daily spending and I enter it into an Excel spreadsheet( well it gives me something to do ! )

little things like all our light bulbs are 3w and our daily fans 220V ( 60 W ) we run through a voltage regulator (110 V) and the wattage then is 23 W

we do the same at night in our bedroom after the aircon has cooled the room down we use two fans ( 60 W and 1 at 45 watts ) run through regulator = 45 watts.

makes a big difference when the Meralco bill arrives.

The problem is less on Meralco means more umbellas and handbags !! still when you see that certain smile thats what its all about

and the budget goes out the window !

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Judy is progressing well since she first immigrated here (southern CA) over 30 years ago.  One of her first lessons about western culture is the word BUDGET.  I think she's at the letter E now.  

Anyone here know how to block online shopping websites (except of course, her favorite Victoria Secret)? 

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
On 3 August 2016 at 11:08 AM, mogo51 said:

How can they budget their time, when they can't keep appointed time?

I am slowly breaking my wife's habit of Filipino Time. I like to be on time for every appointment even if I have to wait to be attended to. My wife used to be like the ones you see rushing with their hair all wet and letting it dry while riding in a jeepney. I hate rushing around at the last minute. 

Rushing to do things is a recipe for mistakes. So, if you don't have time to do things right the first time, how wiil you ever have time to do it over again if you make a mistake?

• Like 4

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

Did you notice how their week runs Monday to Friday? By late Thursday Gina is wondering how she will get through Friday on short money.  Saturday and Sunday are omitted, and we will be having a discussion over that.

Quite obvious from Gina's standpoint. Let's take the kids to Mang Inasall and take money from the bank..er no Gina. Ok then let me have next week's money now (on Friday) and I promise to do better next week.:huh:

Edited by chris49
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, chris49 said:

Ok then let me have next week's money now (on Friday) and I promise to do better next week.:huh:

This sounds so much like our house :morning1:  I thought that the budget was too tight and this caused the problem but no, when I added money to the budget the same condition existed.  Perhaps it will help to divide the weekly budget by 7 and have a 'daily' budget?  Nah, as I write that I realize how impractical it is.  Well, impractical for me but when I think about it thats the way many low budget filipino families live.

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Ohhh those Filipinos!!!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Ohhh those Filipinos!!!

There is an alternative.  Just don't have a budget.  Hmmmm.  Reminds of the time I turned the faucet on in the bathtub and pulled the drain plug at the same time.  That didn't work either. :bonk:

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Here is a little trick I use to prevent going over budget. The conversation goes: "Honey can we get ....?" and I answer "Not until next payday baby". Money not spent, budget saved.

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

You guys are crackin' me up!  How common to hear how the common Filipina have common traits (dang, that was a mouthful)?

Let's not forget about another common street character that perpetuates a black hole budget.  They are pronounced BOAM-BYES which originated from Bombay (now Mumbai).  Along with the Filipino-Chinese loan sharks, the 5-6 operators are still alive and well, even among the upper crust of society.

It got me out of a jam but paid dearly for it.......

• Like 1