medical cannibas

JonPalawan
Posted
earthdome
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, JonPalawan said:

I recall seeing an a pro medical cannabis editorial in the Baguio newspaper a few years ago.

I also recall news stories that 97% of the drugs seized by the Philippines DEA is cannabis. 

JonPalawan
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, earthdome said:

I recall seeing an a pro medical cannabis editorial in the Baguio newspaper a few years ago.

I also recall news stories that 97% of the drugs seized by the Philippines DEA is cannabis. 

I will try to inquire at that facebook page, though they have a fine filter to prevent postings they don't like. Cannabis is so easy to grow, why would someone import it? Carry coals to Newcastle, or coconuts to RoP? My mother lived to 90 but had memory problems. She was easy to entertain -- repeat a joke that you told five minutes ago and it was brand new to her. I kinda don't want to go that way. She had a sweet disposition to the end, I'm sure I wouldn't.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

My mother has been in nursing homes since she was 60, she is now 94 and has advanced Alzimers (how much more advanced ciykd tiy get)m she is the same as your Mum, john.  

I have chronic back pain, 2 fused, 3 prolapsed discs and in constant pain.  Been taking medication for years so guess my stomach would not be in too good a shape.  So I am one who would like to see medical marihuana legalised.  It is being discussed seriously in Australia at this time.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, earthdome said:

Medical cannabis is not the same as normal cannabis from memory of things I have read.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

I recall Sir Paul McCartney having said " Cannabis is not adictive" ?

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Medical cannabis is not the same as normal cannabis from memory of things I have read.

The medicinal properties of cannabis come from the THC but also from hundreds of different cannabinoid's. There are different strains of cannabis with different amounts of each which have different medicinal properties. For example for extreme childhood epileptic seizures CBD oil works well (this has no THC and does not get you high). For chemo nausea a different strain. For pain other strains. In the USA since cannabis (marijuana) is still listed as a Schedule I drug by the US federal government no research is allowed officially. But in those US states where medical cannabis is now legal more and more anecdotal evidence is accumulating regarding what ailments can be treated and what strains to use. This is how the treatment for childhood seizures was found and CBD oil is quickly being made legal in US states for this treatment.

It is disgusting that special interests in the US are preventing real medical research. Those special interests who oppose cannabis consist of the alcohol, pharma, police and prison industries.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Recreational marijuana is now 100% legal from Washington State approved shops. Medical use has been legal for the past seven or eight years here. We are experiencing an increase of DUI incidents mostly weed with alcohol combinations. I don't use it myself but if there were an edible without intoxication I would be very interested. As it is I take Tramadol every day for pain and have the option to use vicodin or oxycodone as needed. The company I work for is affiliated with the DOD so I could be drug tested and if opioids were found that would be just fine. However if there were THC found in any amount I would be terminated with cause immediately.  Go figure!

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I hinted I "may" have smoked weed when I was in the Army forty years ago. One of the very few things I have not shared with my wife as she would not be pleased.... To say the least.

What would your significant other say if you were to inform her you wanted to smoke some weed? 

DUTERTE-poll.jpgAwful s.jpg

marijuana-happiness.jpg

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

What would your significant other say if you were to inform her you wanted to smoke some weed? 

That is an interesting topic in itself.

I did my experimenting when I was young.  I satisfied my curiosity and I have good solid, personal reasons why I don't do it any more.  So one day "Y" came home with some weed she got from her cousin.  She respects my beliefs but wanted to see if I could be tempted.  Well, we had a good talk and then I flushed it down the CR. She has not brought the subject up since then.

• Like 3