medical cannibas

JonPalawan
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, earthdome said:

It is disgusting that special interests in the US are preventing real medical research. Those special interests who oppose cannabis consist of the alcohol, pharma, police and prison industries.

The police/prison angle never occured to me, obviously they'd both lose a lot of "business".

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, JonPalawan said:

The police/prison angle never occured to me, obviously they'd both lose a lot of "business".

In California a few years ago there was an initiative on the ballot to legalize recreational cannabis. At that time California had 18 years of medical cannabis. The medical cannabis industry also opposed legalizing recreational cannabis. Sigh... There are too many greedy bastards out there who use or manipulate the government for profit.

• Like 2

JonPalawan
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, earthdome said:

There are too many greedy bastards out there who use or manipulate the government for profit.

Aside from being kidnapped, are there private prisons here?

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Kuya John said:

I recall Sir Paul McCartney having said " Cannabis is not adictive" ?

He based that conclusion on the evidence that it clogged up the needle???

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JonPalawan said:

In my time as a cop in Oz, that was the held belief.  So MJ was held in such disdain as heroin, speed etc.

Even today, there is still conflicting reports about benefits/dangers of MJ.  But here we are talking about medical MJ  and I think there is much evidence to support this.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I cannot specifically remember ever going to a domestic situation where there was evidence of cannabis intake, but mostly when police are called, these things disappear. Alcohol, often a factor, no doubt. But that was not the position projected in my time (many years ago now). Alcohol abuse and domestic violence is well documented these days.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Hope for us chronic pain sufferers yet.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 7/5/2016 at 11:35 PM, earthdome said:

cannabinoid's

You made that word up didn't you :mocking:

• Like 3