Calling all nipple experts!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Are you talking about a table top burner or a full oven type unit?

I was thinking of a full oven and burner type unit. In Dumaguete, Matiao Marketing, Inc. supplies and installs table top units with hoses and tanks but I need to check with them to see if they supply and or install the full oven type.

As to the vent in the kitchen, I may be able to have a ceiling vent installed, but I am not sure if this would be good enough.  For a propane furnace, (in Canada) the code only requires a small amount of external air supplied to the burner and and a small chimney.  That is in a windowless basement and I used a propane furnace that way for years so I am not convinced the fumes are as deadly as, for example, carbon monoxide from car exhaust.

But still, I see the logic on having a vent.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

As to the vent in the kitchen, I may be able to have a ceiling vent installed, but I am not sure if this would be good enough.

For this particular La Germania, they recommend that the room / area is at lease 25 sq meters and vented.  We have a super strong large vent fan but it is really loud, so I will probably look for a quieter replacement.  It appears to be really old too!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 7/14/2016 at 0:01 AM, OnMyWay said:

4.  It doesn't work!  Electrical is fine but gas is not getting to the burners or oven.  I tested the gas all the way to the inlet pipe and it is fine.  After reading some of the garble in the manual, I suspect that it is not set up for LPG.  The silver nipple I showed above may not be for LPG.  The "figures" I found in the online manual show 4 types that can be used for propane or natural or butane gas, but they are not labeled to show which is which!  If that nipple is not for LPG (it is the only one included) then it might be likely that the burner nozzles are not for LPG as well and would need to be changed.  The nipple is also a kind of "valve" in the it restricts the flow.  The one I pictured above has a very small hole, much smaller than the hole on the standard LPG regulator.

So off to Abenson in the morning to see if anyone there has any technical knowledge.  I doubt it.  They will probably have to schedule a service call.

Follow up:  Abenson said that La Germania would send someone out.  I followed up with Abenson twice but nobody every contacted me.  So I went to Abenson and raised a little bit of polite heck with them, and they sent 2 of their guys out to check it.  They didn't do anything I didn't do, but they got it going.  The new regulator I bought, with a gauge, also has a anti-explosion button on it, and they said to press it multiple times when the stove does not light.  Seems to work.  I had tried the old simple regulator before and it would not work.

I think it has something to do with my long line and air in the line.  Anyway, all is well now.  The stove is really nice and shiny.  It looks good in the kitchen.  We don't really use it because it might get dirty.

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Anyway, all is well now.  The stove is really nice and shiny.  It looks good in the kitchen.  We don't really use it because it might get dirty.

Dang.....after 3 pages of responds, it's like buying a new 4X4 truck with $5000 lift kit and only driven on nice pavement....he, he.  

What a kill joy!  You got me all hot and bothered......

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

We don't really use it because it might get dirty.

I'm not an nipple expert (as the topic calls for) but I have had some experience with this kind of thing and I am a bit perplexed because you seem to be saying this thing has got nice nipples now but you don't wanna use 'er because you don't wanna make her dirty?  Bet she cleans up after use real nice.  Have you tried a maid?  (Not for nipples but for cleaning up after)  :hystery:

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Jake said:

Dang.....after 3 pages of responds, it's like buying a new 4X4 truck with $5000 lift kit and only driven on nice pavement....he, he.  

What a kill joy!  You got me all hot and bothered......

I'm going to wax it with some heavy duty protecting wax, and then I will let them use it for boiling water.  We have really hard water here so I have to be careful about water spotting.

8 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Have you tried a maid?

We have one but she is too short to clean the top.  Maybe next year.

DSCN2259.JPG

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I think it has something to do with my long line and air in the line.  Anyway, all is well now.  The stove is really nice and shiny.  It looks good in the kitchen.  We don't really use it because it might get dirty.

And it heats up the house.

• Like 1