How much does your wife know about your finances?

davewe
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Try being married to an accountant, the Micromanaging is her not me. Life is Relevant to us all, in many different ways. I go out with 1.000 and that is it, I had 1.000 and I don't give the Change or explanations as Tomorrow, is another day. thumbs-up-homer.png

Jack:whistling: 

Morning all:morning1:

And micromanaging your San Miguel intake is even worse :whistling:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, davewe said:

And micromanaging your San Miguel intake is even worse :whistling:

:89: :hystery: Not when you have only 35 peso and the next bottle will be 40 peso :shades:

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, davewe said:

Since I suspect that neither of us has $2 mil in the back, let's wait for someone who does to weigh in.:hystery:

Anyone?

One thing I can say for sure based on the comments, is that I am envious of many of you married to your Filipina wives for many years. I congratulate you all!! 

I can show a couple million in debt, does that count?

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: :hystery: Not when you have only 35 peso and the next bottle will be 40 peso :shades:

Maybe thats why them beggars send their kids up to me on the boulevard, they are just 5 pesos short of a beer.  Perhaps I will be a little more kind to them next time as I can understand that predicament. :7500:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, davewe said:

But let's talk more about that $2 million.

I can talk about that after Christmas.  Santa Claus is bringing me $2 million.  I'm thinking of investing it with the tooth fairy.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I'm thinking of investing it with the tooth fairy.

OH! "Y" has a new name then :hystery:

OK,OK, I know close the door.jpg:SugarwareZ-004:

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted (edited)

In my post I said I 'involve' my SO in our financial situation, but I did not say I 'let her control' same. I maintain control of the household finances and will continue to do so until I get a 'brain evacuation'.

If I did have $2m the situation would not change. I would never place the funds in my SO's name. It just does not fit my life 'rules'. Whilst I 'trust and love' my SO and want to be sure she is cared for when I check out - I am not silly.

Edited by mogo51
  • Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, mogo51 said:

In my post I said I 'involve' my SO in our financial situation, but I did not say I 'let her control' same. I maintain control of the household finances and will continue to do so until I get a 'brain evacuation'.

Yes, my original question was about how much your wife knows, not whether she has control, which is a whole other issue and trickier than the "knowing" issue. That being said, several guys married for a long while have weighed in that their wife runs the finances - so there are many answers.

• Like 1