How much does your wife know about your finances?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

There's something women like about having cash in their hands.

I am convinced that "Y" doesn't like the feeling of cash in her hands as any time I try to put cash in her hands she feels the need to spend it NOW.  I can only compare it to the feeling I get when I am fed a bad burrito.  I gotta git rid of it tout suite. :28:

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

30,000 per month sounds a lot to me , but once you break it down to per day, its frightening, looks like i am going with out food some days on my thought about budget.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, stevewool said:

30,000 per month sounds a lot to me

Its not.  I have got by with less and its not fun.  In addition there is another 5,000 a month for electric bill because I love my aircons and a bit more that gets 'hidden' (well we try) so we can work on the house or save to buy a car / go on vacation once in a while.

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I'd tell her any money saved from the 1,000 php per day she can have half of it to spend as she wishes on her own.

I can see her getting 500p everyday that way.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I'd tell her any money saved from the 1,000 php per day she can have half of it

:hystery: There is that word again

• Like 3

Zouby
Posted
Posted

I have told my fiancée of my accounts and my savings habits but she doesn't understand all of it. When I first told her of my income and savings she asked "why are you telling me this?". There will be a day when we will sit down and cover it all, I believe she should know everything, for when I am gone and she must manage it for herself. When I first started supporting her I would give her 4-6 months expenses at a time. As soon as I left she would take the family out for a wonderful meal. I saw the pictures on Facebook and asked WTF? That has stopped and now she just tells the family she doesn't control the money and that I do all of that. She does have a credit card I gave her for the moments of other than normal expenses and she handles that just fine. I instructed her to tell me before she has a charge or immediately after if it is an emergency of some sort. It's all new to her but she is learning quickly. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Zouby said:

It's all new to her but she is learning quickly. 

That works Both Ways My friend :popcorn:

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Zouby said:

income and savings

Here, you can have one or the other, but not both, usually just income.

1 hour ago, Zouby said:

As soon as I left she would take the family out for a wonderful meal. I saw the pictures on Facebook and asked WTF? That has stopped

What? She stopped putting pictures of food on Facebook. Maybe she has another account.

• Like 5