How much does your wife know about your finances?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

All very interesting but do your wives G/F's know about your dealings and such cos the way it is going they may get Bored.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 10/13/2016 at 9:26 AM, Ynot said:

Where can you get 4% today, I would love to earn 4%.  I remember 5 years ago I was trying to work my budget on 10% earnings when I retired.   Now, I'm thinking its 2% or 3% if I'm lucky

Knights of Columbus.  Over 10k 4.5 percent unless more is nagocated.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 10/15/2016 at 11:19 AM, Gerald Glatt said:

Knights of Columbus.  Over 10k 4.5 percent unless more is nagocated.

Can you share more about this?  I found a website but it only has insurance.

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Inquire on website, or contact local agent, they're many posts in Fil. Most large Parrishs have a post.

• 2 months later...
stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I realized today that its not so important what my wife knows about my finances.  Its more important how much she understands.  Here's what I mean.

I have been living on a budget of 30K pesos for day to day expenses for a long time now.  I can make it work but my wife goes out of her way to sabotage it whenever she can.  What she is doing is trying to make sure she spends all of our budget before I can.  It is selfish but understandable because she is young, impatient and needy while I am older, patient and lenient.  So it is my task to make this budget work in spite of her attempts to undermine it.

At first I was trying to explain, to her, that we have a budget of 7K a week so we could go out every Monday and pay the big weekly bills like groceries and then whatever was left would have to last the week.  That was hard because she would overdo it on groceries while we had money and then we had little to spend all week.

The next attempt was to try a 10K per ten days budget so we could spend 5K on groceries and still have 500 pesos a day for daily spending.  This worked somewhat, but we would find ourselves running out of some groceries before the 10 days were up, plus we would often spend the money in my pocket in the first 5 days and then be broke as hell for the next 5 days.

So I tried something else, and this was the biggest mistake.  DO NOT do this one.  I told her that 30K a month was 1,000 pesos a day and that was ALL we had to live on so we had to be more carefull with the cash.  Big mistake.  Our days now consist of going out every day and finding some crap to spend 1,000 pesos on.  Today it was shoes (she already has more pairs than she wears) and a gift for her friend plus a snack for us and gas for the motorcycle.  I had not plans to spend any money today but she has this idea that she gets to spend 1,000 pesos a day because I told her that was our budget. :571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Come the New Year I shall have to go back to the 10K every 10 days system as that seems to have worked the best.

I dont know what advice i could add to this Dave,it got me confused too, but on reading it again , GOOD LUCK

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, stevewool said:

it got me confused too

Thanks for the input Steve, I went back to edit it so that it may be easier to understand what I am trying to say.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I realized today that its not so important what my wife knows about my finances.  Its more important how much she understands.  Here's what I mean.

Looks like you just did your edit and it makes complete sense to me. The only thing open for interpretation is the definition of "day to day expenses", what is (or is not might be easier) included in your definition?

• Like 2