7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

OK, people seem to be disbelieving so here is one

See what I mean.jpg

Wow! That must be in Angeles..

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, skyskyper said:

So during the times when there's no garbage and shit... Filipinos did not cover up?

A picture is worth a thousand words but apparently you did not look at the one I posted earlier.  Look up, look  waaaaay up. You'll find the answer to your question.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Nephi said:

Wow! That must be in Angeles..

And why must that be so, which it isn't, and I and the girls would all be insulted if you suggested that any of them are the kind of girl that men go to Angeles to find.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Men like to show off their muscles and girls like to show off their bodies. Clothes is one way to do it. Just look at the tv commercials and tv shows and notice how they get viewers attention with scantly clothed girls dancing around that have nothing at all to do with the show or the product they are advertising.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Men like to show off their muscles and girls like to show off their bodies.

:hystery: Ah! so now i know where i have been Going Wrong  I have neither of Use to anyone:shades:

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

It's a funny one.

If we were going swimming, and we did not have a swimsuit, we would wear a pair of shorts, but no underwear of course. These Filipina's wear a full set of clothes including the bra and panties and still seem very modest in trying to maintain cover.

It shows you how conservative a normal Filipina is by nature. Not including the richer people who flock to Boracay and Palwan and would definitely wear a high fashion bikini or swim suit of the higher level.

Sun exposure is another thing, but that's mostly the face. These local girls use a lot of whitening products yet would probably not even know what a sun blocker is.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, chris49 said:

These Filipina's wear a full set of clothes including the bra and panties and still seem very modest in trying to maintain cover.

Modest, yet have no problem with the shirt being a light color so when it gets wet everyone can see exactly what kind and color bra they are wearing.

Nephi
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And why must that be so, which it isn't, and I and the girls would all be insulted if you suggested that any of them are the kind of girl that men go to Angeles to find.

Didn't mean that was the kind of girls men go there to find. I was thinking that it looks like the pool deck of the hotel where we went to meet family from overseas and they stayed in Angeles. Many guest there wear bikini's etc.

Sorry guy.. Was not trying to insult at all..

Nephi

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Nephi said:

I was thinking that it looks like the pool deck of the hotel where we went to meet family from overseas and they stayed in Angeles.

I guess all the hotel pools look alike after a while.  If you google "Mike's Beach Resort" you will see the pool where that pic was taken.

• Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted

While modesty is the standard reason, it's also an issue of money. Owning a swimsuit, which has only one purpose, may be too expensive and extravagant for many Filipinas; the tshirt/shorts option is more practical.

I do remember the 1st time I bought my wife a bathing suit, in Ayala Mall. She was shyly looking for a bathing suit; I steered her toward a bikini. She was appalled at the price; maybe 800p as I recall. I insisted. Absolutely the best $20 I ever spent!

Now that she works and makes her own money, buying bikinis is one of her fave things. But when she swims in the ocean with her family she goes the tshirt route and I suspect that it's not only modestly about her body it's modesty about the money, since no one else has one.

But we spent a few days with her sister this past April. Janet lent her sister one of her bikinis. Now that they both had the right equipment, neither of them seemed shy to wear bikinis and strut their stuff.

I also agree with Dave. I've seen plenty of Pinays in bikinis all over the Philippines. Perhaps the old notion of modesty is fading or perhaps the type of Pinay at a hotel or resort with her foreigner partner makes most of the difference.

• Like 3