Keeping fit to fight the years!

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, PaulB said:

Mr. Bobo Abu Dhabi Corniche is still a great place to walk

I lived on the Corniche road at the corner of Airport Road for 13 years. I just had to walk out the front door to hit the Corniche. The Corniche and Abu Dhabi in general went through quite a transformation in those years. I miss my Abu Dhabi days!

RBM
Posted
Posted

Surprised no mention yet of a gym. Considering many of us live in cities where walking is prohibitive 

We try go to the local gym every second day, costs just p35 a session, allows one to exercise most parts of the body including cardeo. As Chris mentioned weights are important as we age.

We watch our diet, little to no meats, luckily we are near Canlaon so a plentiful supply of fruits and veges. Hike a lot, no smoking, just a weakness  for nice wines.

Mostly at 65 still enjoying an active life style, no reason to change as what we do works for us. Still admitidly do have the problem of shrinking T shirts at waist level.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Surprised no mention yet of a gym.

Its not for everyone.  I find that my type 2 diabetes makes visits to the gym less than productive.  When I gave it a fair try I found myself getting too weak, too fast.  So I asked a couple of doctors who told me that kind of exercises drains my blood sugar too fast (that's my layman's interpretation of what they were saying) so I could work out but as soon as I felt weak I was supposed to rest for a half hour then go at it again.  Turns out that 5 to 10 minutes of workout, followed by half hour of lazing around is not a fun gym experience.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, RBM said:

Surprised no mention yet of a gym. Considering many of us live in cities where walking is prohibitive 

We try go to the local gym every second day, costs just p35 a session, allows one to exercise most parts of the body including cardeo. As Chris mentioned weights are important as we age.

We watch our diet, little to no meats, luckily we are near Canlaon so a plentiful supply of fruits and veges. Hike a lot, no smoking, just a weakness  for nice wines.

Mostly at 65 still enjoying an active life style, no reason to change as what we do works for us. Still admitidly do have the problem of shrinking T shirts at waist level.

I usually belong to one. Find the sauna/steam facilities to be worth the money alone. There's a gym culture though, especially in the upmarket joints in the Philippines. A lot of women especially sit around chatting and doing nothing.

I have one lined up at Cairns. All facilities and a pool. $14.95/week.