Ever wish to live closer to city

RBM
Posted
Posted

Times like  this am wish was living in the city. Needed an ETN as unexpected serious ear ache after a the previous day in a resort pool.

Only one available in our small city, waited with many others over an hour, finally secretary arrives, no clinic until next week.....Not sure what day...

Although I adore the slower pace, peace and relative quiet, times like this miss the big cities. 

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I prefer suburban living.

I don't like the congestion of city life.  

(did I already say this) :571c66d400c8c_1(103)::bonk: DUH !!!!!

chris49
Posted
Posted

No I don't wish that at all, prefer to avoid. Vigan City is 13 km away, but has no Mall. It has banks and a very limited fast food selection. Mc Do, Jollibee, Chow King, Shakey's, Mang Inasal. We go there once- twice a month, but I can spin down on the bike if I want to.

We have 2 trips to Manila in a year. The next is in December and we do look forward to it...3 days maximum.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have lived in Cebu city for a year and moved to Dalaguete where I stayed for 4 years. We now live in the suburbs of Dumaguete city. I do miss all of the friends I made in Dalaguete but I will never live more than 20-30 minutes away from a city where you can get things like visas and other official paperwork done.If we wanted any paperwork when we lived in Dalaguete we had to go to either Cebu city or Dumaguete and with the travelling involved it made it a very long day.

• Like 5

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, intrepid said:

When I was younger that is exactly how I felt.  I grew up a country boy.  Lived there my whole life until we moved here.  I really wanted to live in the province when we moved here but my wife assured me I would not be happy there.  Our last trip before moving we spent 3+ weeks in the province, just outside San Carlos City, about 4 weeks in Filinvest, Alabang.  Cannot count how many times I heard "Sorry sir, out of stock".  When in Alabang, my wife reminded me saying, you don't here that here.  Also we stayed in a nice condo that was walking distance from Festival Mall with supermarket and fast foods in between.  It was the first time in my life I admitted to my wife that I think I could get used to this type of living.  But we ended up where she wanted in more rural setting but so close to everything.  Almost like city.  Well, shes happy and I will be also once hour house is finished!

I agree that a more rural setting is fine as long as you are within a reasonable striking distance to a city. For myself I think that I'd still have a garden outside of the city, but would also have access to more mall/city shopping, movies, restaurants, a library, bookstores, beauty parlors, farmers' markets etc.  Where we live I have most of the groceries for cooking that I can bring back to make a good quality of life, but the province can be rather a cultural wasteland when you're too far out from a city. I try to  make it more to my liking with hobbies and interests I think, and get to the city as often as I want or can. The city even for the average local person has it's appeal over the province.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
DC_Moe
Posted
Posted

Here in the US I consider myself a city boy, but my heart is pure country. Being from the province I'd rather live there, so I'm happy with my little house in the province. I have three kids I'm toting with me, and its important for me to teach them that part of my culture. If I miss the city, we are halfway between Manila and Batangas. In my younger days as an adult I did live in (and love) Angeles City, but I don't care to have my children in that environment. :-)

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I am over living in cities, especially tourist types such as Pattaya Thailand where we currently are, Angeles, Subic, never Manila etc.  

Out of town little, not too far, from the shopping malls etc seems the way to go for us.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, mogo51 said:

I am over living in cities, especially tourist types such as Pattaya Thailand where we currently are, Angeles, Subic, never Manila etc.  

Out of town little, not too far, from the shopping malls etc seems the way to go for us.

My thoughts exactly, I am 5km from the actual center of Dumaguete but only 3km from Robinsons mall,2km from Lee plaza hypermart and 4 km from the downtown shopping area.Seems like a very good position to be in.As for Pattaya Ron I have not enjoyed visiting there( except I have met my friends and made new ones) for the last 5-6 times.

• Like 4