While on the subject of terrorism in the Philippines.

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Reboot said:

Looks like Digong is going to take over and open up a can whoop ass. 

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/09/02/16/duterte-declares-state-of-lawlessness

But it's an awful convenient pretext for a power grab, ain't it?

When the people are actually in favor of your methods, why would you need to grab power?

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, robert k said:

When the people are actually in favor of your methods, why would you need to grab power?

It would seem to me that When the people are still in favor of your methods IS the time to grab power.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It would seem to me that When the people are still in favor of your methods IS the time to grab power.

I guess we are really lucky that every president doesn't grab power instantly after being elected according to that reasoning?

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, robert k said:

I guess we are really lucky that every president doesn't grab power instantly after being elected according to that reasoning?

I would say only presidents like Marcos and those who studied and try to copy his methods.  

i am bob
Posted
Posted

By the stories that come out after each president is done their term, I would say they have all grabbed that power...  They just neglected to tell anybody...  

:mocking:

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, robert k said:

For the "lawless" ones. That's what former President Marcos did and he is still being blamed for it.

So, get ready for Martial Law. It may or not be called "Martial Law" but when the military joins the police in bringing law and order, that's Martial Law. 

The People of the Philippines do not like to be disciplined. 

Edited by Gratefuled
  • Like 1

Nephi
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

For the "lawless" ones. That's what former President Marcos did and he is still being blamed for it.

So, get ready for Martial Law. It may or not be called "Martial Law" but when the military joins the police in bringing law and order, that's Martial Law. 

The People of the Philippines do not like to be disciplined. 

I would agree and would even question if this attack might have been staged for this very purpose. Living in a 3rd world country is enjoyable and interesting on one side and deathly frightening on the other. Ya just don't know what might happen. Worst yet is that China is just sitting out there - maybe waiting to pick up the pieces???

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

"Thinking will not overcome fear, but action will"

W Clement Stone

• Like 5

Nephi
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

"Thinking will not overcome fear, but action will"

W Clement Stone

Agreed. Lets just hope that action is something we can live with without having to evacuate the country. I wonder just how many of us really would leave if our respective home countries ordered an evacuation?

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Nephi said:

Agreed. Lets just hope that action is something we can live with without having to evacuate the country. I wonder just how many of us really would leave if our respective home countries ordered an evacuation?

There aren't enough ASG to worry about that...  After this weekend they will be running without a break to catch their wind...

• Like 4