Buying Gadgets and most other stuff online

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

But seriously, I thought the type of stuff you ordered would have been zero rated. Expensive/designer clothes I can Understand.

Yup, me too. The t-shirts are Carhartt work shirts with a pocket and the shorts are Cabelas store brand. 

32 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Wow--that is pretty steep! I think I'll just try one or two items of clothing to start , and try to gauge what the tax might be next time. It's just that when you're looking for a one of a kind type item, US eBay is really the only place to get it.

From much reading on the forum (and a couple others) it seems Fedex/UPS shipping routinely gets hit much harder than USPS to PhilPost. 

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:
10 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Yup, me too. The t-shirts are Carhartt work shirts with a pocket and the shorts are Cabelas store brand. 

From much reading on the forum (and a couple others) it seems Fedex/UPS shipping routinely gets hit much harder than USPS to PhilPost. 

That's good to know. I notice US eBay uses USPS and Priority for international shipping.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I sold quite a few items to international buyers on ebay.  From the sellers end, it was pretty easy.  Ebay has an international shipping center in Kentucky.  If I as a  seller agrees to ship internationally, all I had to do was package it as normal and ship to the Kentucky center and they took care of the rest.  Usually they would hold it until the buyer paid the additional international shipping fees.  Taxes & import fees would be collected from the buyer upon delivery.  Of course being every country has their own fee schedule, there it would be hard to collect that ahead of time.