Can I get "X" there?

Domino22
Posted
Posted

I will look in November  but if I would post a list of things I would like to buy in the PI and see if they are available is this the place to post? I will check out the stores next month and make a list of what I need or would like and see if I can find them. Those I cannot find could I post those here?

• Like 1

Domino22
Posted
Posted

Golden dip fry breading-good tarter sauces -heinz ketchup- sea salt-kicokmans soy sauce- ground garlic-pasta brands etc.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Domino22 said:

Golden dip fry breading-good tarter sauces -heinz ketchup- sea salt-kicokmans soy sauce- ground garlic-pasta brands etc.

I don't know, yes, yes, probably, huh?:hystery:

Post away Domino. In my experience you can get 90% of what you need or want, just don't be brand name specific. Here is an example, for years I was looking for swiss cheese and couldn't find it. Found some the other day but it is labeled Emmentaler.

Like I said, if your not to picky and have deep pockets, most stuff can be gotten here.:thumbsup:

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

But no Vegemite in the Supermarkets such as S&M.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Vegemite

What the heck is Vegemite. You Brits keep mentioning it:89:

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Scott,

Oh my, you poor US and your global knowledge - I am Australian, not British.  But you got it a little right, as we were founded by the Brits in 1770 as a convict settlement!  It is also where the kangaroos hop up and down the main street of Sydney?

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, scott h said:

What the heck is Vegemite. You Brits keep mentioning it:89:

No Scott "Vegemite" is an Oz thing "Marmite" is the Brit thing 

veemite verus marmite.jpg They are totally Different. I don't like either but I am told it is spread on your Toast at breakfast and sometimes added to Cooking Food. ( sort of Stock)

• Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Domino22 said:

Kikkonan soy sauce is probably available but more expensive than other brands. You can probably find some kind of breading that will suit you, I personally use egg crushed crackers and general purpose flour. Heinz probably at a cost, ketchup isn't hard to come by and unless it's banana ketchup, fairly decent. Think Del Monte. Ground garlic, grind some. Powdered garlic, yes. Be flexible.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Domino22 said:

-heinz ketchup

Seen plenty of that every where. 

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mogo51 said:

But no Vegemite in the Supermarkets such as S&M.

You can buy it at Rustans Supermarket in Cebu, but be prepared to pay for it about twice the price as in Oz

• Like 1