Can I get "X" there?

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Scott, my SO assures me we were in SM mall last week in Angeles, what the name of the Supermarket is in there, I plead ignorance.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

No Scott "Vegemite" is an Oz thing "Marmite" is the Brit thing 

veemite verus marmite.jpg They are totally Different. I don't like either but I am told it is spread on your Toast at breakfast and sometimes added to Cooking Food. ( sort of Stock)

Looks like Italian Nutella to me,

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

The availability of certain brand products or their substitutes is also dependent on demand. But if you really want something special and locally unavailable, some importers will custom order. Usually a case is the minimum. 

Edited by JJReyes

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Looks like Italian Nutella to me,

Nutella is sweet,  the other two are Savory

nutella.jpg

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Malt vinegar. I defy you to find that in Cebu. We have to find willing couriers to bring it in from Singapore. Chips (fries for the rebel colonials) are just not the same without it.

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, DavidK said:

Malt vinegar. I defy you to find that in Cebu. We have to find willing couriers to bring it in from Singapore. Chips (fries for the rebel colonials) are just not the same without it.

David--I have also been on the hunt for malt vinegar since I moved here! No self respecting native Rhode Islander would go without putting malt vinegar on there french fries/fish and chips! I've found just about every other kind of vinegar, but not that. I'll keep looking though, and let you know if I find it. :smile:

I think that Heinz brand is suited to American tastes, but any variety would do for me. I figure if there are other Heinz products here, it's bound to show up sooner or later!

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, JJReyes said:

The availability of certain brand products or their substitutes is also dependent on demand. But if you really want something special and locally unavailable, some importers will custom order. Usually a case is the minimum. 

JJ, how would someone order something like a case of a particular item? I've asked the manager in Rustan's if any brand of pizza sauce could be ordered because the two American brands and one from Italy were no longer on the shelves. He said that he'd try to get more, but so far none has shown up. I suspect that I previously bought out all they had!  I've had to improvise and make my own, but I'd rather buy it already made. I'd buy a case if I could..

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Seeing that we're talking about availability of items, I've had a difficult time finding sweet pickle relish and sweet or bread and butter pickles. I once had a jar of Vlasic sweet pickle relish from S&R and it lasted a long time, but is gone now. Never found any anywhere since. Last month I went online and found a simple recipe for refrigerated bread and butter pickles that you don't have to can. They last in the fridge for two months it said. They came out great, and if anyone wants the recipe, I can give it.:smile:

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, scott h said:

What the heck is Vegemite. You Brits keep mentioning it:89:

Aussies. What is life to you is Vegemite to us.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, chris49 said:

Aussies. What is life to you is Vegemite to us.

:hystery:what can I sayWho knows (dave.jpg This guy is Real he is My cousin & it says it all G & G's