Thinking about moving to the Philipines.

Jake
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, jpbago said:

And then you will be able to talk about drinking Emperador, about who is the father of someone's child, about how many kids this guy has with different women, about who is getting money from WU, about chickens, about singing croaky, about what food someone will be having at the Bday party, and other very interesting topics.

Don't forget about the Filipino body language.  Pointing with your lips, the up movement of your eyebrows, mouth half open and the tapping of your forearm.  And of course, joining your barkada pissing against the nearest wall.  And finally, you need to be able to do a joe squat for hours without getting leg cramps while you mouth down a succulent balut or two.....he, he.  

• Like 5

jpbago
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jake said:

you need to be able to do a joe squat for hours without getting leg cramps

My 86 year old MIL does that frequently with no problem. If I do the squat, I need a crane to pull me upright.

• Like 4

bows00
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jpbago said:

And then you will be able to talk about drinking Emperador, about who is the father of someone's child, about how many kids this guy has with different women, about who is getting money from WU, about chickens, about singing croaky, about what food someone will be having at the Bday party, and other very interesting topics.

Can't wait!  In the end, it is all about relationships.  If that is not your cup of tea, you can always stay in the US.  

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, bows00 said:

Can't wait!  In the end, it is all about relationships.  If that is not your cup of tea, you can always stay in the US.  

At the end of the day we are still foreigners and  they eye us with suspicion. Mostly they are still too shy to welcome you 100%.

• Like 5

jpbago
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, bows00 said:

If that is not your cup of tea, you can always stay in the US.

Being a Canadian, I could stay in the US, but only for 153 days. My Filipina wife could not get a visa to stay in the US. So still no tea.

• Like 5

oldutot
Posted
Posted

Hey Noshow,

If you want to stay near Angeles, Tarlac might be cheaper to live at.

You  would  be near the luzon highway

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 1/18/2017 at 0:28 AM, Reboot said:

When I want to discuss Proustian time, the potential dissolution of the EU, or how to properly discount future cash flows of development stage biotech stocks... I'll turn to a buddy. That's not what wives/GFs are for Pinay or not. They are for other things.

Don't turn to me on the boitech stock stuff Dave, but am an investor in the mainstream market.

• Like 1