Thinking about moving to the Philipines.

NoshowJones
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Gonna jump in here guys, the answer is yes, you can have your money paid into any bank in any Country that has the SS Agreement with the UK and retain your Increases each year. I put a link for you top read OK?

http://www.expatinfodesk.com/expat-guide/nationality-specific-information/british/living-and-working-in-social-agreement-countries/

Thanks Jack, that is a big help to me.

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

Question 1) How long does an ACR-I last? Do you have to renew it yearly?

Question 2) Once you have paid for an ACR-I card and extension, how much is each subsequent 60 day extension?

Thank in advance my learned forum friends.

:e3358:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

Question 1) How long does an ACR-I last? Do you have to renew it yearly?

Question 2) Once you have paid for an ACR-I card and extension, how much is each subsequent 60 day extension?

Thank in advance my learned forum friends.

Eddie, yes, yearly when you are on a tourist visa.  5 years for some other visas, I believe.  Here are my visa costs for 3 years as a tourist.

https://goo.gl/photos/LDwirrV7vhVzMFg89

• Like 3

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

Don, Thank you for the spreadsheet on your visa costs.  Very informative to be able to look at the year on year details. I admire your organisational skills my friend. 

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Eddie, yes, yearly when you are on a tourist visa.  5 years for some other visas, I believe.  Here are my visa costs for 3 years as a tourist.

https://goo.gl/photos/LDwirrV7vhVzMFg89

Now that, my friend, is useful! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 11/13/2016 at 0:52 PM, NoshowJones said:

I really don't know yet, what about a place that is easy to rent an apartment for a short time so I can move around if I want to.

A place which is an easy bus ride to Angeles or Manila, say a small town or village where there are some ex pats, I do like female company, but not being the fat, ugly, tattooed type, I do not need to pay for sex.

Ohh really!  You are about to get educated - there are many ways of 'paying' for sex, other than handing 1000 pesos over. But you should know this, if you have lived in Pattaya any length of time?

Angeles is a very down sized Pattaya (have lived in both areas).  You will get a rental for a few months there, many options.  But if you have had enough of Pattaya (as I have) then why leg up for more of the same?

Plenty of good towns/cities throughout Luzon, Cebu too busy for me as is Manila.  Dumaguete a nice place.

Do some homework on Utube etc.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

OK, at immigration today for second renewal which includes ARC -I CARD. One passport photo needed or thats what they attached to the form. P7869 total cost for 2 months. Finger prints taken from scanner and another photo taken from computer cam.

Must admit I hate going to immigration, forms I cant hardly read and just feel uncomfortable being there but thats just me. 

I was at immigration yesterday, Nov 16/16 for my second extension including ACR Card as well. 7869p total  No photos required and no fingerprints.

This was my 4th card renewal, maybe you had not renewed for sometime so they had to start anew. As OMW said "somehow they swipe it" is true as when they swiped mine 2 years ago on a yellow card, something moved as my face was very wide. Last year, the photo was on a dark card barely recognizable.

The new short form is a welcome improvement.

There was a Filopino couple there at the BI talking to the supervisor. Her sister, age 33, died in Dubai from a botched breast enlargement operation  by another Filipino who has since disappeared. The lady had 2 kids from someone else in Dubai but was living with an Arab who has been jailed for living together while not married. The kids are with the Arab's mother in Dubai but the sister wants to bring them and the body to Bacolod. The kids were not born in a hospital so there are no birth certificates nor names registered. The other OFWs are not talking. She was told to go to the DFA and/or the UAE Embassy in Manila with a four leaf clover. The lesson here is stay legal.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, jpbago said:

I was at immigration yesterday, Nov 16/16 for my second extension including ACR Card as well. 7869p total  No photos required and no fingerprints.

This was my 4th card renewal, maybe you had not renewed for sometime so they had to start anew. As OMW said "somehow they swipe it" is true as when they swiped mine 2 years ago on a yellow card, something moved as my face was very wide. Last year, the photo was on a dark card barely recognizable.

This is causing some confusion. my second extension means 30 days free, first extension taking up to 59 days, now what l call second extension is for the next 2 months with first ARC-I card. Yes for a very first time ARC-I card fingerprints and photo was required. 

jpbago
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is causing some confusion. my second extension means 30 days free

This confuses me "my second extension means 30 days free"

Upon arrival, you get a visa waiver for 30 days, then the 1st extension is 29 days and then the 2nd extension is the one we got yesterday for 2 months with ACR Card.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Hmmmmmmmmm:89: as told to me, you enter on Passport for 30 days you get a visa waiver of 29 days ( Prior to the 30 day date) = 59 days then comes your First Extension of 2 Calendar months, then on your 2nd Extension which brings you to the period of ARP Alien Registration Programme and your ACI. ( 6 months?)[by the time you get your card]:571c66d400c8c_1(103):This is where they do your Bio and Fingerprints. Up til then you will need Fresh Photos But After that there really is no need as they have the details. Once all this is done you are Registered in Manila as what they term "LST" (Long stay Tourist) and have a need for an ECC. Up till this point you do not need an ECC (they will put a Stamp against your extension about this) 

This is what our local ACO told me some months ago 

There does seem some confusion over Visa Waivers and Extensions, Hope this helps somewhat :thumbsup:

Jack :whistling:

Morning All:morning1: