Thinking about moving to the Philipines.

NoshowJones
Posted
Posted
On 11/11/2016 at 11:05 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Where did you get that idea? 

Because it's supposed to be The Philipines answer to Pattaya.

NoshowJones
Posted
Posted
On 11/11/2016 at 11:30 PM, Old55 said:

Hi No Show,

Many single Expats first moved around Philippines for awhile until the right place or someone finds them.

Other than wanting to befriend other Expats can you give us some ideas of what things or location interest you? Do you like living near the water? Would living in a small town somewhat outside a city be more to your liking?

I really don't know yet, what about a place that is easy to rent an apartment for a short time so I can move around if I want to.

A place which is an easy bus ride to Angeles or Manila, say a small town or village where there are some ex pats, I do like female company, but not being the fat, ugly, tattooed type, I do not need to pay for sex.

NoshowJones
Posted
Posted

Thanks a lot for your help guys, I will take a little time and weigh up my options.

NoshowJones
Posted
Posted
On 11/13/2016 at 1:04 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

That is a popular misconception.  We all pay for it, its just that some of us pay the same woman with a monthly budget.  To have a filipina girlfriend and give her nothing is not highly regarded in this culture.  Men are still expected to support women at this point in time.

Yes Dave, I see exactly what you mean, but when I say I never pay for sex, it only means I don't barfine or pick up prostitutes, but in saying that, I am not against prostitution of that sort, in fact I believe prostitution should be made legal, people should be allowed to do what they want with their own bodies, as long as it's in private, and between consenting adults, and no one is getting hurt.

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted

I'm with Tim. I think Cebu would meet most of your requirements.

However, if you have a burning desire to be a short hop away from Angeles / Manila then you may also want to consider the greater Subic area. Others here can comment on the cost of living, but treasure trove of info about it is already posted in the forum - just do a little digging and you'll find it.

• Like 3

NoshowJones
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gator said:

I'm with Tim. I think Cebu would meet most of your requirements.

However, if you have a burning desire to be a short hop away from Angeles / Manila then you may also want to consider the greater Subic area. Others here can comment on the cost of living, but treasure trove of info about it is already posted in the forum - just do a little digging and you'll find it.

I'm glad I joined this forum, lots of helpful posters on it, thanks every body.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, davewe said:

I have told anyone who will listen (and they rarely do) that you should choose a place that looks appealing first. Anywhere you go in the Philippines you can meet attractive girls who will be interested in you, if you are a respectful man and understand the culture, even a little bit. So you don't need to just focus on a place which seems convenient for women. 

I've told the story before but my good friend on arriving in Manila got hit on by the immigration officer who stamped his passport. 'Wecome to the Philippines, Mr. Guapo," she said -

So don't make your decision solely based on women; they will be everywhere.

I agree with this your decision has to be based on more than one thing,I think you have to take it all into account.

• Like 1