Thinking about moving to the Philipines.

NoshowJones
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mogo51 said:

Ohh really!  You are about to get educated - there are many ways of 'paying' for sex, other than handing 1000 pesos over. But you should know this, if you have lived in Pattaya any length of time?

Angeles is a very down sized Pattaya (have lived in both areas).  You will get a rental for a few months there, many options.  But if you have had enough of Pattaya (as I have) then why leg up for more of the same?

Plenty of good towns/cities throughout Luzon, Cebu too busy for me as is Manila.  Dumaguete a nice place.

Do some homework on Utube etc.

I have never lived in Pattaya although I do go there from time to time, and only go to bars with my friends when there is live music so I can go up and play with the band, I am an ex pro musician. I don't know if it is possible or financially viable, but I would like to live in Thailand for maybe six months of the year, and the Philipines the other six months, at the moment I am just going over my options. As I have already said, I am not against anyone paying for sex and believe that prostitution should be made legal.

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Edited by Reboot
Save disk space.
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

now what l call second extension is for the next 2 months with first ARC-I card. Yes for a very first time ARC-I card fingerprints and photo was required. 

Was that a part of the Alien Registration Program that all tourists have to go through as their first 2 month stay comes up?  I hope and expect we all only go through that once.  

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jpbago said:

This confuses me "my second extension means 30 days free"

Upon arrival, you get a visa waiver for 30 days, then the 1st extension is 29 days and then the 2nd extension is the one we got yesterday for 2 months with ACR Card.

Yes exactly, what l was saying is the first 30 days if you like to call it a waiver, then next is 29 days, then comes the next extension which requires photo and fingerprints. 

So to me the second extension or stamp is when the prints are done, photo attached to form, come back in a month for the card she said. Second extension is the second time I have been to the BI office.

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

Is it possible to obtain an ACR-I card in the Dumaguete BI office? 

If the answer is a NO, what is the nearest and easiest location to obtain the ACR-I card?  (I am thinking Cebu or Bohol?).

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

Is it possible to obtain an ACR-I card in the Dumaguete BI office? 

If the answer is a NO, what is the nearest and easiest location to obtain the ACR-I card?  (I am thinking Cebu or Bohol?).

I got mine in Duma. Just go in for your extension and they will handle it no problem.

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Angeles same.  But some lovely countryside in Philippines.  You will always find someone who will allow you to belt out a tune with them, wherever you are no doubt.  Do some research, just depends on what 'floats your boat'.

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Having just done my ACR renewal at Gensan office, you need one passport size photo for form, the photo on the card was not renewed, it's a webcam pic, nor were fingerprints taken this time. This on a tourist card, with two month extension came in at 5970p, cheaper than I was expecting! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
NoshowJones
Posted
Posted
On 11/14/2016 at 9:49 PM, NoshowJones said:

I'm glad I joined this forum, lots of helpful posters on it, thanks every body.

Yes, you are right. I am trying to find a way of living in the Philipines and being from the UK, I want to try and keep getting my annual state pension increases, I intend to split my time between the Philipines and Thailand. I am open to any suggestions.

NoshowJones
Posted
Posted
On 11/13/2016 at 1:04 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

That is a popular misconception.  We all pay for it, its just that some of us pay the same woman with a monthly budget.  To have a filipina girlfriend and give her nothing is not highly regarded in this culture.  Men are still expected to support women at this point in time.

Even if the woman is in full time employment, and there are no kids involved? If my income was more than hers, then I would be prepared to help her out financially, but there is no way I will support parents, brothers, sisters etc.