Thinking about moving to the Philipines.

NoshowJones
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Thanks Jon1, that won't be a big problem, I wonder if there are agents who can do this sort of thing for you.

Hi again Jon1. I would be happy to have a bank account in the Philipines? But I would prefer to keep getting my pension paid in to my UK bank. Would the DWP still allow me my annual increases and keep paying my pension in to UK bank account?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Would the DWP still allow me my annual increases and keep paying my pension in to UK bank account?

Gonna jump in here guys, the answer is yes, you can have your money paid into any bank in any Country that has the SS Agreement with the UK and retain your Increases each year. I put a link for you top read OK?

http://www.expatinfodesk.com/expat-guide/nationality-specific-information/british/living-and-working-in-social-agreement-countries/

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Not too sure about a Tourist card ( I have Forgotten) but on the Permanent You only do a new Photo on your 5 year renewal  

OK, at immigration today for second renewal which includes ARC -I CARD. One passport photo needed or thats what they attached to the form. P7869 total cost for 2 months. Finger prints taken from scanner and another photo taken from computer cam.

Must admit I hate going to immigration, forms I cant hardly read and just feel uncomfortable being there but thats just me. 

• Like 3

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

OK, at immigration today for second renewal which includes ARC -I CARD. One passport photo needed or thats what they attached to the form. P7869 total cost for 2 months. Finger prints taken from scanner and another photo taken from computer cam.

Must admit I hate going to immigration, forms I cant hardly read and just feel uncomfortable being there but thats just me. 

I have just done my 60 day extension and ACR-i card and I use an agent in my local SM Mall here in CDO for all my extensions. His charge for both including his fee was 8000php which saves an awful lot of hassle. He completes all neccessary forms and you get your passport back on the 3rd day. ACR-i card arrives about a month later. He is a local travel agent. I seem to recall there is a travel agent in the Mango area of Cebu. It might be worth checking him out for future renewals.

Ken

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

I have just done my 60 day extension and ACR-i card and I use an agent in my local SM Mall here in CDO for all my extensions. His charge for both including his fee was 8000php which saves an awful lot of hassle. He completes all neccessary forms and you get your passport back on the 3rd day. ACR-i card arrives about a month later. He is a local travel agent. I seem to recall there is a travel agent in the Mango area of Cebu. It might be worth checking him out for future renewals.

Ken

My time is valuable...to me anyway, but 8k php would have paid my rent in Sibulan, all utilities and gas for my jeep to drive all the way around Negros on the nautical highway with enough left over to buy dinner for two at Chowking. I could bestir myself for that.:smile:

Hmm, travel agent might be a good business for a foreigner on 13A at that price.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

I have just done my 60 day extension and ACR-i card and I use an agent in my local SM Mall here in CDO for all my extensions.

How did they take your fingerprints ? 

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, robert k said:

My time is valuable...to me anyway, but 8k php would have paid my rent in Sibulan, all utilities and gas for my jeep to drive all the way around Negros on the nautical highway with enough left over to buy dinner for two at Chowking. I could bestir myself for that.:smile:

Hmm, travel agent might be a good business for a foreigner on 13A at that price.

I guess you have been fortunate never having to do a 60 day extension or obtained an ACR-I card before. As around 7850php of the 8000 goes to the BI I think about 150php for the agent to do the work for me is money well spent. It would cost me more in taxi fares to and from the local immigration office. 

He does have a large number of expats that he does the renewals for so probably still earns quite a bit for his trouble.

Ken

• Like 2

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

How did they take your fingerprints ? 

I have only given my finger prints on the initial issue. I have had three renewals and have not been asked for them since. 

Perhaps different BI offices have different interpretations of the rules?

Ken

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

I guess you have been fortunate never having to do a 60 day extension or obtained an ACR-I card before. As around 7850php of the 8000 goes to the BI I think about 150php for the agent to do the work for me is money well spent. It would cost me more in taxi fares to and from the local immigration office. 

He does have a large number of expats that he does the renewals for so probably still earns quite a bit for his trouble.

Ken

You said,[" His charge for both including his fee was 8000php which saves an awful lot of hassle."] I don't normally call BoI him or his. How am I to know that 8k was the total and not the agents fee?

I have done several 60 day extensions and applied for and received an ACR-I card. It wasn't tough.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

I have only given my finger prints on the initial issue.

OK, thats what confused me. I thought you were referring to the second extension where you also do the ARC -I card. :thumbsup: