Moving to Manila July 2018

Mr. Moore
Posted
Posted

There are several ways for a Man Married to Filipino  to stay here, The less paper work is to just fly to china, with you wife, stay a day, and return together get another free 12 months at the airport, less paper work, less hassle and about one hour   or less to complete,  Just be sure to take you marriage certificate  and all papers return  together,My wife takes care of the paper work i just stand in line and smile.

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yeah but Free for 1 year :89: Although if you count the cost of taking the wife away to get it on your Return I wonder which is cheaper,

Of course in Ron's situation Pre is with him there in Thailand so she will be returning :smile:

Yes Jack that is my thinking.

• Like 1

Angel1403
Posted
Posted

Great information here....thank you everyone, very useful. 

I think we will go the Balikbayan route meantime. 

From reading the posts it would appear that our Balikbayan options are :-

1) stay up to a year, fly out of country with wife and return a day or so later and start the Balikbayan process again, or

2) stay up to a year then extend the max up to 36 months, leave country with wife before 36 months and return and start Balikbayan process again?

I'm assuming option 1 is less complicated as no 9a Visa to process?

Cheers ?

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Angel1403 said:

2) stay up to a year then extend the max up to 36 months, leave country with wife before 36 months and return and start Balikbayan process again?

After the one year you become a tourist meaning you have to do extensions by reporting to the BI and paying fees usually every 2 to 6 months.

• Like 5

Angel1403
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

After the one year you become a tourist meaning you have to do extensions by reporting to the BI and paying fees usually every 2 to 6 months.

Ah ok so as Robert K said.....the 1 year Balikbayan is less "hassle" as in no reporting to BI every few months.

Thanks for info

• Like 2

Angel1403
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Easy done but my friend keep in mind please, that the BB stamp is issued on behalve of the Philippine Tourist board as a Priveledge to attract Filipinos back Home with their Spouses/ Family. If the Immigration can see a pattern and that this privilege is maybe being abused, they have the discretion to refuse the Stamp best vary your dates on a Run. There have been cases of this happening over the last year or so

Just saying:thumbsup:

Ah ok thanks for the info.....good advice re vary the date.....and I will consider the extension route up to 36 month before flying out of Country then back in for Balikbayan privilege. 

However I would hope most immigration officers would be happy/willing  to grant the Balikbayan privilege. 

Cheers ?

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Angel1403 said:

Ah ok so as Robert K said.....the 1 year Balikbayan is less "hassle" as in no reporting to BI every few months.

Thanks for info

Yes but after the first one year if you dont leave and come back with your wife by your side you become a tourist and do extensions for the next 36 months. I might be wrong but I think you are missing the point as to a balikbayan is a one year only privilege.  :thumbsup:

• Like 4