Buying a car

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Good but less expensive because they are a step down (is the price difference worth a quality and therefore peace of mind difference) from the "Big Three". Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki... yup, that's all three

I believe you are thinking of the Kawasaki Bajaj motorcycles? Trust me, they don't have a full Kawasaki pedigree, for which you will pay much more.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, robert k said:

I believe you are thinking of the Kawasaki Bajaj motorcycles? Trust me, they don't have a full Kawasaki pedigree, for which you will pay much more.

Actually, even though I have owned one, I was not thinking Rouser as it is a sport bike and not what I think Ron is looking for.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, AlwaysRt said:

Actually, even though I have owned one, I was not thinking Rouser as it is a sport bike and not what I think Ron is looking for.

Did someone say Rouser? I agree that I doubt that is what Ron is looking for. The people who slight Kymco for fit and finish have probably never seen a Honda assembled in the Philippines. :89:

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, robert k said:

Did someone say Rouser? I agree that I doubt that is what Ron is looking for. The people who slight Kymco for fit and finish have probably never seen a Honda assembled in the Philippines. :89:

The Kim Co Is a scooter similar to Click. Mio. Flat floor buy not fuel injected.125cc.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mogo51 said:

The Kim Co Is a scooter similar to Click. Mio. Flat floor buy not fuel injected.125cc.

Ron, 59K is the list price for an Agility 125. I have seen the higher grade Agility "Naked" for sale online for 59k so I think there is wiggle room. I would inquire if the dealer has an Agility 16+, 16 inch front wheel, 14 inch rear, front and rear disc brake. Nothing wrong with the base model but I would rather have an Agility 16+ for about the same price. Can't hurt to ask.:smile:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Have you calculated the cost difference for the fuel.  A gas guzzling scooter can easy use 100 pesos a week in extra fuel over an efficient FI.  That adds up to 5200 pesos in just one year. Is it that much cheaper to buy a Kymco if it is not fuel efficient?

mogo51
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Have you calculated the cost difference for the fuel.  A gas guzzling scooter can easy use 100 pesos a week in extra fuel over an efficient FI.  That adds up to 5200 pesos in just one year. Is it that much cheaper to buy a Kymco if it is not fuel efficient?

See you point Dave, that makes sense.  I had a honda air blade in Pattaya and a great bike.  I have not progressed on the Kymco and am now not really inclined to stay with my original targets, Honda Click/Yamaha Mio (MIO's seem more prevalent.)  Thanks for the sound advice. 

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, robert k said:

Ron, 59K is the list price for an Agility 125. I have seen the higher grade Agility "Naked" for sale online for 59k so I think there is wiggle room. I would inquire if the dealer has an Agility 16+, 16 inch front wheel, 14 inch rear, front and rear disc brake. Nothing wrong with the base model but I would rather have an Agility 16+ for about the same price. Can't hurt to ask.:smile:

Thanks Robert will check that out.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Honda Click/Yamaha Mio (MIO's seem more prevalent.)

I have ridden a Mio and it seemed a bit slow off the line. I did not notice it racing but as I was sitting at an intersection I found I needed to throttle early in order to cross while traffic was clear.

I suggest renting each for a week and see how you like them before deciding on a purchase.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

I was sitting at an intersection I found I needed to throttle early in order to cross while traffic was clear.

That is quite Usual on the Smaller engines, the Variator sometimes needs a few revs before it takes up its Own Slack a little, the Bigger the engine the quicker that happens also the rubber belts slackens after even a short time. On the Bigger ones they are usually double row chains so the bite is better. but we have to Remember these are basically Town Bikes not Racing Machines.

JMHO after owing quite a few small engined Scooters :huh: