US Strikes in Syria

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Here's why I see the opposing factions in Syria having support from different nations and why I don't fully believe it was Assad gassing his own people. He'd already been giving the rebels a hammering and Trump said he had no interest in replacing Assad. He might be a bit of a mad man but I'm sure he never got where he is today by not being tactically aware. My money is on a bit more propaganda to justify replacing Assad with someone who will support the West's side in the gas line.  http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/The-Natural-Gas-War-Burning-Under-Syria.html

That source is about the equal of The Onion or National Enquirer, kind of falls between those two, National Enquirer being the high end of the scale. More opinion pieces than hard facts at best.

Edited by robert k
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 4/16/2017 at 8:11 AM, Snowy79 said:

Here's why I see the opposing factions in Syria having support from different nations and why I don't fully believe it was Assad gassing his own people. He'd already been giving the rebels a hammering and Trump said he had no interest in replacing Assad. He might be a bit of a mad man but I'm sure he never got where he is today by not being tactically aware. My money is on a bit more propaganda to justify replacing Assad with someone who will support the West's side in the gas line.  http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/The-Natural-Gas-War-Burning-Under-Syria.html

Yeah, I hear ya Snowy.  I forgot the most underlying (hidden) motivation has always been petroleum,  past and present.  We invaded Iraq which had that conspiracy angle of US and coalitions grabbing the Iraqis oil fields.  But in my opinion, that wasn't the case. Kicking out Saddam's army from Kuwait was successful but he still remained in power.  Hence Desert Storm came to be, with Saddam hanged by his own people but that left a void for tens of thousands Iraqis soldiers out of a job.  And depending which source we read, ISIS was born.  

Now why was this particular Syrian airfield selected to begin with?  I tend to believe on military intelligence intercepting signals from command and control and satellite imagery.  That aircraft(s) was monitored, delivered its chemical payload and tracked back to that same airfield. Why we didn't use a thermite warhead to vaporize nerve gas storage facilities with intense heat and pressure, is still a subject of debate. Did I mention there was no contingency plan after we launch those tomahawks as a symbolic gesture?  We could have at least targeted 59 known or suspected sites of chemical weapons bunkers instead.  

The National enquirer magazine normally found near the grocery checkout line has all kinds of bizarre headlines.  Just google David Pecker regarding his relationship with the president.  Infowars and Breitbart news are also in that same pile of chit.  Then again, that's just my humble opinion but I believe I'm slightly smarter than the average bear.  

Respectfully Jake

PS -- forgot that global arms dealers also make megabucks selling their hardware to the highest bidder (aircraft, tanks, artillery, etc).

Edited by Jake
  • Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 4/15/2017 at 3:52 PM, Jake said:

At this time, I would like to be on record to donate my fart bombs at a nominal fee of only 45 pesos each.  It is readily available, at multiple requests -- guaranteed to be presh na presh each and every time.

fart bomb.jpg

Dr. Strangelove, or how I learned to love the bomb?

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Jake, I would normally defer to one of higher rank and much more experience, but, the arms dealers will have a tough sale until we leave..we give everyone guns tanks some planes etc,etc, just to be on winning side or to let them kill each other thus no problem.

I'm not much of a secret society, motive buff.  This is our government we are talking about.  As you stated Iraq war us getting all that oil, sigh, just gave it back. Heck before we would jump in another country I would type the manifest, equipment jump orders of sticks, where who droped so heavy drops (large eq) would hit right area.  We had to load for summer and winter weather, The battalion exo and co had no idea where we dropped or when.  So the big day comes everyone wonders where we are going.....we jump clear the dz heavy drop reenter dz unload equipment and proceed to our rendezvous....and there are all the food turcks from the base  sometimes 500 clicks away.......secret.

Hope no one gets so upset that they leak a real mission because they don't care for the commander or the president.

Like Sgt Keys shot them all god can sort them out.  Just do them first!

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, robert k said:

That source is about the equal of The Onion or National Enquirer, kind of falls between those two, National Enquirer being the high end of the scale. More opinion pieces than hard facts at best.

I understand the conspiracy theory side of life and have certainly met a few flat earth people out there but I tend to try to use rational thinking judging by applying the reasons politicians and the media give out as to why the West gets involved in things. In the UK Syria is sold as helping out poor innocent civilians caught up in a war between Assad and rebels. If I buy into this then I'd be asking myself why we're not myself bombing the chit out of Boko Haram in Nigeria. Why the West is supporting Saudi Arabia in bombing the chit out of Yeman and causing untold humanitarian issues and the innocent death of thousands? Where are we in the ongoing war in Darfur where there are over 3,000,000 displaced and UN estimates of OVER 300,000 killed?

I also ask myself how ISIS manages to make money through oil sales. Surely the easiest thing would be to bomb the supplies and cut off their funding or impose sanctions on countries buying the oil. It's not as if they're smuggling it out in their pockets. I'd also ask why you see convoys of ISIS driving around in brand new Toyota Landcruisers. It can't be too hard to see who puts and order in for a few thousand 4 x 4s.

Even looking at the arms industry you have multi national companies selling weapons to one side and another subsidiary of the same company selling the defensive capabilities to the opposition. Again you'd think it would be easy to introduce laws against this unless Governments were making money out of it.

All I know is the bombing in Syria is well above my pay scale but It'll take a lot to convince me it was just about the West being shocked at innocent people being killed. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I don't fully believe it was Assad gassing his own people.

Maybe not this time.  Hard to say.  But its happened enough times he must be guilty at least once so he deserved a good hiding!  (At least that's what my old Dad used to tell me when I got spanked even though he had no proof.)

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
On 4/10/2017 at 3:39 AM, Snowy79 said:

The problem is where the source of the photos came from. :89: I've seen a few media reports allegedly showing victims from the recent attack yet the same photos were from Ghouta in 2013. There's even videos going around of a Syrian who lost all his family including 10 month old twins. The issue I had was he tells different stories in different videos. In one he's told to go home and rushes home to find all his family dead. Another he leaves with his wife and twins but collapses, wakes up in hospital and rushes home to find his brother who had died in a previous video trying to rescue family members. I'd never underestimate the levels opposing factions go to gain sympathy. Google the White Helmets and propaganda. I was going to link a video from Swedish doctors for human rights to show how extreme the rebels are but it shows them using a baby for sympathy and it's horrendous. 

As for Trump authorising the air strikes it's done wonders for his standing not only in the USA but also the World stage. Let's just hope he doesn't get too cocky with it. There's a lot of other leaders out there with pretty big sticks that also have big egos. 

You know, you might have a point about revetments looking similar? What bothers me about your theory is how many revetments have chemical weapons cannisters stacked outside them? I mean, it isn't that common, is it? 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, robert k said:

You know, you might have a point about revetments looking similar? What bothers me about your theory is how many revetments have chemical weapons cannisters stacked outside them? I mean, it isn't that common, is it? 

Just saying :89:

bus.jpg

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Just saying :89:

bus.jpg

Obvious photoshop, you might not be able to tell the difference but I can. The paint job on that vehicle is way too subdued for 69.

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, robert k said:

Obvious photoshop, you might not be able to tell the difference but I can. The paint job on that vehicle is way too subdued for 69.

Now that you mention it I just realised there was no wind on the moon that day either so the flag wouldn't have been flying either.